20 Kale Recipes That Will Make You Fall Back in Love With the Veggie
Kale is *so* much more than the text on Beyoncé’s favorite sweatshirt. Remember the days when you couldn’t get enough of the green leafy vegetable? Well, lucky for you, October 5 is National Kale Day, and you should spend it getting reacquainted with ALL the kale recipes, new and old. Consider starting your day with your favorite green vegan smoothie and ending it with a grilled kale pesto and corn pizza, perhaps. Keep reading, because we gathered 20 delicious kale-filled recipes to help get you started on your road to kale rediscovery.
1. Four Ingredient Kale Cheddar Soup: Kale, chicken broth, potatoes and sharp cheddar are all it takes to create this creamy and well-rounded bowl of soup. If the vibrant emerald shade wasn’t enough to attract you, the fact that it only has four ingredients will be. (via Healthy Seasonal Recipes)
2. Oven Baked Kale and Bacon Cakes: Who says you can’t have kale with bacon? The two are bonded together with potatoes and breadcrumbs and seasoned with plenty of garlic, salt and pepper for good measure. (via Food Smart Mom)
3. Chopped Kale Salad With Peanut-Chili Vinaigrette: If you’re a fan of Pad Thai, this kale salad will rock your world. The kale, peppers and edamame stay raw, adding a fresh crunchiness to each bite. (via Little Broken)
4. Creamy Mushroom Pasta With Garlic Kale: Sautéing the kale separately and adding it to the dish post-plating allows everyone to take as much as they want. Kale lovers will definitely want to pile it on, because it’s totally the highlight of this dish. (via Bests and Bites)
5. Curried Lentil and Kale Hummus: Snacking on this hummus all day is the perfect way to celebrate National Kale Day. Scoop it up with your favorite crackers or spread on a roasted veggie sammie for lunch. (via A Plant Based Soul)
6. Grilled Steak With Spicy Kale Chimichurri Sauce: Kale as a steak topping? Yes, please! When paired with parsley and chiles, it becomes an earthy and spicy garnish that really enhances the flavor of the beef. (via Mantitlement)
7. Kale and Artichoke Guacamole: Kale and avocado are the hippest superfood duo around. Add artichokes into the mix and it’s like you’ve combined the best of your two favorite dips into one. (via Iowa Girl Eats)
8. Kale and Brussels Sprout Enchiladas With Creamy Homemade Goat Cheese Enchilada Sauce: If you want to use this food holiday as an excuse to sneak some greens into your family’s meal, by all means. These enchiladas, drizzled with a creamy goat cheese sauce, are the perfect vehicle to hide a ton of kale and Brussels sprouts — no one will be the wiser. (via Cooking for Keeps)
10. 15-Minute Sheet Pan Kale and Egg Bake: If you’re feeding a crowd for brunch, this sheet pan meal is the ultimate way to impress everyone without dirtying a million pots and pans. If you want your kale on the crispier side, pop it in the oven for a few minutes before adding the eggs. (via Healthy Nibbles and Bits)
11. Kale and Garlic Frittata: Frittatas are a great weeknight dinner option when you only have eggs hanging around in the refrigerator. You can opt for fresh kale if you have it, but frozen would be fine in a pinch. (via B. Britnell)
12. Kale Pesto Pasta With Burst Cherry Tomatoes: Flip the switch on your usual pesto and swap the herbs for kale. It offers up the same appearance and texture, but with all of kale’s added vitamins and minerals. (via Oh My Veggies)
13. Kale Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes: When you think of healthy ingredients, your mind probably goes straight to sweet potatoes, quinoa and kale. This recipe includes all three, and would make a great vegan main dish or hearty side. (via Green Healthy Cooking)
14. Farmers Market Kale Tacos: Just because National Kale Day doesn’t fall on a Tuesday doesn’t mean you can’t make tacos. These veggie-filled tacos are good enough to be on your favorite food truck menu and on your dinner table. (via iFOODreal)
15. Mediterranean Kale and Lentil Salad: Kale is front and center in this Greek-style salad. It’s tossed with a classic vinaigrette, cooked lentils and feta for a simple yet flavorful meal. (via Spices in My DNA)
16. Gluten Free Kale and Artichoke Pizza: Spinach shouldn’t get to have all the fun with artichokes. This kale and artichoke pizza proves that kale is still reigning supreme — and isn’t going anywhere. (via Spinach for Breakfast)
17. Vegan Kale Caesar Salad With Roasted Tomatoes and Avocado: This isn’t your mother’s Caesar salad. The vegan dressing is made without anchovies and egg and trades romaine for leafy kale. *Total* flavor upgrade, if you ask us. (via Abra’s Kitchen)
19. Tortillas With Creamy Kale and Toasted Chickpeas: Call off the search! We found your new lunch obsession. Whether you’re vegan or not, you’ll love the dairy-free creaminess of this kale wrap. (via The Full Helping)
20. Truffle Kale Chips: You can’t eat all the kale on National Kale Day without some homemade kale chips. These celebrate the day in true fancy fashion with a drizzle of truffle oil. (via The Foodolic)
Follow us on Pinterest for more healthy + yummy recipe ideas.
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.