The 10 Best New Makeup Products to Try This Month
As the heat and humidity officially start to settle in, our beauty routines get more and more on the warm-weather defense. But it’s not all anti-frizz and anti-sweat battles (we’ll talk more about that next month). Thanks to lighter, smarter, multitasking products, makeunders (with minimal effort) make looking good in a heat wave more of a breeze than ever before, especially with summer colors in full swing. Scroll below for our list of the brand-new beauty buys that will complete your June makeup kit, including a game-changing polish for glitter lacquer fiends and much more.
1. boscia Charcoal Deep-Pore Cleansing Stick Treatment ($28): Deep cleaning your face just got insanely hassle-free with this detoxifying cleansing stick that allows for a mess-free, direct-to-face application. It’s innovative twist-base design brings up just the right amount of charcoal-infused product with each click, ensuring you don’t waste precious product at every wash.
2. Sally Hansen Big Peel Off Base Coat ($6): Even the most glitter-obsessed girl can tell you that removing the shiny specks from your nails flat out sucks. But now, all of that scrubbing, chipping and finger soaking is a thing of the past thanks to our gal, nail know-it-all Sally Hansen. The brand’s new clear, instant peel-off base coat is a game changer that turns the patience-testing process into a split-second beauty move for even the trickiest of polishes.
3. Pür Minerals Chateau Cheek Stain ($26): That quintessential summertime glow is now packed into an easy-on cheek stain stick/brush duo that lets you blot on and blend on your face all without getting your fingertips rosy. The buildable, gel-like formula doubles as skincare too thanks to its antioxidant-rich formula that helps halt age-accelerating free-radicals.
4. Color Wow Root Cover Up in Red ($35): Not-so-natural gingers, listen up! Now you too can extend the time in between salon visits with this camouflaging root cover specially formulated to blend into your auburn locks. Just brush on the powder for an instant Photoshop-like touch up that’s available for brunettes and blondies too.
5. Little Barn Apothecary The Simple Face Oil ($20): If you’re not using face oil in your skincare routine, you’re missing out on an essential step in maintaining healthy, hydrated skin. This all-natural, nutrient-rich face oil is a great gateway for newbies — just massage a few drops of the hemp seed-avocado-jojoba oil blend into your skin for an immediate all-over glow.
6. Onomie Bright Concealing Elixir ($26): This long-lasting, opaque concealer just might replace your foundation entirely this summer. With 10 different shades to choose from, there’s a dead-on match for every skintone, which means you can blot on-and-go with this dark circle corrector for complete, natural-looking coverage like that.
7. Paul & Joe Limited Edition Lipgloss in Strawberry Kiwi ($26): There might not be a more crave-worthy summer lip gloss. Enchanting colors aside, these shimmery palettes are inspired by your favorite poolside cocktails, offering a playful fruity punch alongside much-needed moisture to protect your pout while you’re soaking up the sun.
8. Pixi by Petra Makeup Fixing Mist ($15): Keeping your makeup in place has gone from total chore to instant luxury with this revitalizing face mist. Just a few spritzes of the rose water and green tea-infused formula on your face and neck will help set your makeup for day-long wear or give you a refreshing, hydrating pick-me-up anytime, any place.
9. MAC Lightful C 2-in-1 Tint and Serum With Radiance Booster ($60): Give your skin a radiant boost and smooth your complexion at the same time with this tinted serum. The dual formula targets nearly every skin concern under the sun in just one pump, kicking to the curb the usual three products it takes to hydrate your skin, cover up dark spots and even out your skin tone. Consider this the ultimate way to look polished + save time on those rushed mornings.
10. Ciate London Bikini Body Balm Illuminator ($35): If you aren’t able to catch as many rays as you’d like this summer, sweep this glimmering body balm on your limbs for beach goddess-level results. Pearl-boosted pigments highlight the skin with a bronzy sheen that will make you love shorts season.
What new beauty products have you bought recently or are dying to try? Tell us in the comments below.