Right now we’re on the road for the first ever Tone It Up Tour!! It’s the ultimate fitness festival with sculpting workouts, live music, games, rosé, and so much girlfriend time! (You can find a city near you and join us HERE!) While on Tour, we’ll be doing booty-kicking workouts and then immediately going to hang in the Rosé Garden and mingle with #TIUgirls. So what’s a girl to do when she’s a little sweaty but wants to look her best?!
We’re sharing our six must-try tips for getting gorgeous, glowing skin and breezy, beachy hair after your sweat sesh. These are all super quick and will be total lifesavers when you’re running from workouts to meetings or plans with friends.
Now let’s get glowing!
1. Keep it clean. It’s best to remove your makeup and let your skin breathe during your workout to prevent breakouts. We always keep some cleansing wipes in our gym bag for when we’re in a pinch. We love Yes to Cucumber facial wipes, and they’re great for travel too!
After your workout, wash your face with a gentle cleanser. Then apply moisturizer while your skin is still damp to get that soft feeling.
2. Dab on coconut oil. Coconut oil is amazing for your skin. It’s hydrating and has even been shown to soothe skin inflammation. Dab it under your eyes and to your cheekbones after you shower. Plus, you’ll smell like a tropical paradise!
3. Drink up. When you exercise, your skin loses water, which can lead to clogged pores. We recommend drinking half your body weight in ounces of water a day and add 8 ounces per 30 minutes of exercise. Staying hydrated will not only give you gorgeous skin; it will also boost your metabolism and keeps snack attacks at bay. You can mix fruit into your water for a little extra flavor.
4. Try an easy braid. Braids are the perfect way to go from gym to brunch without tons of prep. We love heat-free styles because they save your hair from damage. Check out our simple Fishtail Braid Video Tutorial! And we always carry our Sea Salt Beach Waves Spray in our bag. A little spritz will give you that beachy texture and delicious island scent.
6. Nourish your bod. Beauty truly comes from the inside out. What we put into our bodies has such an impact on the way we feel and look, so make sure to choose Lean, Clean, ‘N Green options! Leafy greens are full of nutrients that will keep your skin glowing and healthy. Nourish your beautiful body with this Tropical Greens Smoothie after you hit the gym.
Join us for the Tone It Up Tour! We’ll be visiting 15 cities in 30 days for the fitness festival experience of a lifetime, including workouts with us, Jillian Michaels, and CorePower Yoga, braid bars, music, rosé, and so many surprises. It’s the perfect opportunity to make new girlfriends and connect with women in your area. Reserve your spot HERE!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Tone It Up)