23 of the Best Street Style Looks We Saw at Coachella 2017
We’re at the last day of Coachella and it’s been a whirlwind of sun, good music, and some incredible new (and old, but updated!) trends. Since the music fest isn’t just about seeing your fave acts, but also about *being* seen, we’ve rounded up 23 of the best street style looks at this year’s event for your viewing pleasure. Check out the best of the best below!
1. Black Lips + Fringe: Coachella fashion was edgier in 2017 than it’s ever been. This festival goer’s getup included a lot of this year’s style-musts, from fishnet stockings and black lips to some seriously cool suede fringe.
2. Metal Bibs + Crochet: Crochet has been a Coachella staple for years, and it’s one that’s going nowhere fast. Also here to stay are metal bib necklaces: a fact this attendee singlehandedly proved when she rocked both on the grounds.
3. Cotton Candy Wigs + Ultra-Cool Overalls: There’s no better time or place to pull out your wildest looks, a fact made evident by the sheer number of candy-colored hair, wigs, and extensions that were all over Indio, California’s desert. Hawaiian model Mahina Alexander rocked her pink bob atop some over-the-top shortalls for a rather stunning effect .
4. Metal Headpieces + Accessories: This attendee hailed all the way from Down Under for the music fest, and she prepared an epic getup for the occasion. With a metal headpiece, belt, and chains, her look was definitely maximalist.
5. Pierced Braids + Round Sunnies: This gorgeous gal was *all* about her statement-making pierced braids and face jewels. She was also sporting some Mary-Kate and Ashley-esque round sunglasses for a cool-girl look that was all her own.
6. Pink Sheer Florals + Butterfly Crowns: This year, it was out with the actual flower crowns (we could count the number we saw on one hand) and in with the minimalist metal headpieces. University of Tennessee student Mallory Pizzitola’s butterfly crown plus flowy pink dress was definitely a winning combo.
7. Denim Jumpsuits + Western Belt Buckles: Model Sarah Loven opted for an all-denim jumpsuit (another major trend at Coachella 2017) with a double-buckle Western style belt for the ZOEasis party hosted by celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe.
9. Pom-Pom Earrings + Yellow Shades: What WASN’T “YAAAS” about Miami-based model Alden Steimle’s Coachella day-two outfit? From the yellow shades to the hat to the pom-pom earrings, everything about this look just works.
10.Lace Halters + Pink Pleated Minis: Fashion blogger and IG personality Kuyeek topped off her stylish outfit with a little DIY SPF in the form of a white parasol.
11. Lacy Yellow Maxis: The dandelion yellow maxi worn by style blogger Divani Vasil of Divanidosa at the ZOEasis party was eye-catching, to say the least. She paired it with an understated belt and neckerchief for a picture-perfect finishing touch.
12. Pink Monochromatic Outfits: Though the color of Tumblr personality and actress Alessandra Torresani’s *lewk* was muted, her styling (the dress, hair, and bag) seamlessly worked together, making her an instant attention-grabber.
13. Glitter Brows + Tweed Rompers: Tech investment exec Abyah Wynn might have been hard at work at the Victoria’s Secret Angel Oasis house, but she still nailed Coachella style in her subtle ankle booties, pink tweed romper, and surprising glitter brows.
14. Pom-Pom Necklaces + Reflective Sunnies: This party-goer rocked two hot trends in one shot: pom-poms (check out that sweet choker) and mirrored sunglasses.
15. Crochet + Cowboy Hats: Model and fashion blogger Quiqley of Officially Quigley‘s massive cowboy hat was impossible to miss. Along with her crocheted outfit and low-top cowboy boots, it all pulled together for a getup that was all kinds of festival chic.
16. Matching White Maxis: Two killer outfits are always better than one, areweright? This duo not only wore coordinating white maxis (so perfect for summer), but they had the perfect accessory in a snow-white pup that matched their dresses!
17. Purple Kimonos + Space Buns: Newlyweds star Kimberly V kept things simple under her bold purple kimono with a black bralette and some cutoff denim shorts, all the better to show off her Princess Leia-like buns.
18. Black Sheer Dresses + Corsets: Nashville-based event promoter Augusta Price showed us edgy fest style done right with her thigh high slits, black sheer frock, and even a lace up corset.
19. Two-Piece + Body Chains: This Coachella VIP didn’t just have some incredible French braids; she also showed us two-pieces are still hot for the summer. That slim, silver body chain didn’t hurt, either!
20. Neon Orange Hats + White Fishnets: Who said fishnets had to be black? YouTube personality SimplyNessa15 slayed with a pair of sultry white tights pulled all the way up to her waist, braids, an orange jacket, and a matching hat.
21. White Off-the-Shoulder Maxis + Glitter Cheeks: This fest-reveler’s white maxi actually featured a pair of built-in shorts, making it not only stylish, but practical. Also on point: her glitter highlighted cheeks. Win!
22. Simple Tees + Black Denim Shorts: It’s not all about the crazy at Coachella: Sometimes understated is the way to go. This gal’s white t-shirt and black shorts might appear simple, but throw in some gradient purple heart-shaped shades and violet balayage, and voilà! You’ve got a fest-ready look.
What was your favorite Coachella 2017 look? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Photos via Victoria Haas/Brit + Co)
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!