Despite slightly awkward events like the misspelling of Lionel Richie’s last name and Nicki Minaj throwing some serious shade at fellow nominee Iggy Azalea, the BET Awards last night were pretty entertaining. Our favorite parts were all those rockin’ performances, Chris Rock’s hilarious opening monologue and, of course, the fashion. What awards show would be complete without a best dressed list, right? In no particular order, here are our top 12 picks for most fashionable, along with ways for you to steal the looks. Ready? Let’s go!
1. Bodycon Dress With Snake Print ($38): We’re used to reptile prints being in neutral shades, so it was refreshing to see Tamera Mowry-Housley pick a sleek blue dress. Those metallic accessories are really working for this outfit, too!
2. Embellished Cage Shift Dress ($162): Actress and singer Adrienne Bailon pumped up the embellishment with this white beaded gown. Our ASOS pick would be perfect for slightly less formal summer events.
3. Simon Sleeveless Dress ($202): Yowza! Actress Jennifer Freeman brought some much needed brights to the red carpet in this hot pink number.
4. Criss-Cross Dress in Pencil Sketch ($160): Olympian Lolo Jones totally rocked this artsy printed crop top set. Our Kate Spade Saturday dress would be a great choice for a fun picnic or even summer engagement photos.
6. Bomber Jacket With Varsity Trim ($67): Huge props to Zendaya Coleman for sporting the most unique look of the night. Not only can this girl act, sing and dance, but she’s also on top of this red carpet game.
7. Mesh Cutout Crop Top ($47): While Iggy Azalea didn’t actually walk the red carpet, we’re crushin’ on that black crop top she wore while performing. This flirty peekaboo look is a serious contender for date night, ladies.
8. Sweater Dress in Baroque Design ($42): Sometimes, simple is better. As actress Raven Goodwin knows, the best way to brighten up a monochromatic outfit is with some colorful accessories, such as a neon clutch.
9. Shift Dress With Sequin Panel ($39): Whoa! Rapper Charli Baltimore drew all the attention to herself in this futuristic dress. We’ve opted for a slightly more practical dress with a single panel of silver sequins. Shine on, girl.
10. Quilted Shift Dress ($154): Fashionista Jeannie Mai wore one of the most interesting leather dresses we’ve ever seen. Take a look at that funky collar! We’re taking a cue from Jeannie with this quilted leather look.
11. Floral Bandeau Midi Dress ($105): Kerry Washington looked stunning (as usual) in this brocade Dolce + Gabbana dress, also known as our absolute favorite of the entire night. On-screen and off, this girl’s got style!
12. Graphic Wave Skater Dress ($58): Funky prints are some of the best things in the fashion world, as worn by producer Lynne Harris Taylor. We love that these dresses are in black and white; it emphasizes the print itself, rather than the colors used.
Who did you think was the best dressed last night? Tell us in the comments below!