We love to rock out. We love rocking out in the pool, on the street, in the shower, and on our bikes. From ballads by our girl Taylor Swift to beats by The Black Keys, Frank Ocean, and Fun, this year has been a banner year for rocking out. That’s why when Bing asked us to share how we geekily prepare for the Grammys, we were more than happy to oblige.
1. Do Your Research: Bing’s search tool is like your everyday search on steroids. A search for your favorite artist on Bing serves up the latest news, videos, song previews, photos, fun facts, and more. If you’re not sure where to begin, head to MSN Music’s Grammys spotlight to get the latest scoop on this year’s nominees, video moments from past shows, and, of course, tons of photos from red carpets past.
2. Create Collaborative Playlists: Now that you’ve done your homework, it’s time to create some sweet Grammy-inspired playlists. Invite fellow music lovers to add to your mix by creating a collaborative playlist on Spotify. Rock out to it during commercial breaks and any Grammy categories you wouldn’t mind skipping.
3. Get Social: Head back to Bing for a more social Grammys experience that includes your Facebook friends and top experts from Twitter. Sure, you’ve seen the snapshot bio but what about checking out what your friends think? By connecting Bing and Facebook, you’ll see all the mentions of Taylor Swift, for example, among your Facebook friends right on the search page. Quickly and easily see concert photos, lyric quotes and more from your friends! So cool.
And while you’re at it, maybe you should update your Facebook page with your predictions for winners this year? Bing’s research shows that the most searched nominees often win those gilded gramophones. So far, the most searched song of the year is Call Me Maybe, the most searched record of the year is Thinkin bout you by Frank Ocean, and the most searched across ALL categories is the one and only Taylor Swift. Will she be the big winner? We’ll have to wait until Sunday night to find out!
4. Learn the Song Lyrics: Flex your song-lyric-knowing skills by challenging friends to Name that Tune over text with Emoji! Use emoji icons to illustrate the hottest songs of 2012, and give serious props to whichever of your friends can name the song first.
5. Channel Your Inner Rapper: Did you know that you can use your phone to style yourself into Lil Wayne? Be Like Lil Wayne helps you add bling, grills, hats, tattoos, and more to any photo of you or a friend. Definitely a fun way to try out a new look. And if you’re not up for the diamond-studded teeth, what about setting up a Lil Wayne Photo Booth at your Grammys party? Grab your phone, hang up a backdrop, and have your friends pose it up with Weezy.
Bonus! Dress Like Carly Rae Jepsen or Psy: We couldn’t resist including a throwback to Halloween 2012 :)
How will you prep for this Sunday’s sure-to-be-legendary night of music? Talk to us in the comments below.
This post is a collaboration with Bing.