Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark: 12 Black Walls Done Right
Painting your walls black can seem like a dreary and macabre design choice, but there’s no need to be afraid of the dark! With a little natural sunlight and colorful accents, black becomes classic and dramatic. Start small with just an accent wall. Because like a classic LBD, black is the new black! Now, get inspired by this moody hue and get ready to paint it black.
1. Cozy and Eclectic: Big windows bringing in lots of natural sunlight work well with black paint. A unique hanging chair, eclectic rugs and a stack of books make for one heck of a cozy space. (via Oh Happy Day)
6. Chalkboard Wall Workspace: Chalkboard paint offers a versatile backdrop for your desk. You can constantly switch up your board with photos, inspirational quotes and to-do lists. (via Smitten Studio)
8. Playful Kid’s Room: Maximize the space of a children’s playroom with chalkboard paint! Twinkle lights are another great way to lighten up the wall and surrounding area for nighttime or if the room is light on windows. (via RH Baby and Child)
11. Soot Colored Fireplace: This black fireplace ties everything together in this living room. It simultaneously stands out while allowing everything else to pop out against it. (via Apartment Therapy)
12. Polished Black Kitchen: Matte or glossy black and even charcoal gray look polished and refined against glassware, tableware and wood furniture. (via One Kings Lane)
Would you paint your walls black? How would you design the rest of the room? Let us know in the comments section below!