The 5 Affordable Pieces You Need for Fall, According to Every Blogger
Nothing makes saying so long/sayonara/see ya later to the swan pool floaties and frosé of summer easy quite like the anticipation of new fall outfits. Followers of fashion blogs know what we’re talking about. Since July, our Insta feeds have been slowly but surely filling up with fall looks favored to win the season. We looked to the blogosphere for some seasonal style inspiration and couldn’t help but notice a few lust-worthy pieces in heavy rotation. Rip a page out of these tastemakers’ playbooks and arm your closet with these five outfit-making pieces this season.
1. Abercrombie & Fitch Boyfriend Denim Jacket ($88): When it comes to a classic like a denim jacket, why not go a little overboard? Opt for an oversized and slightly exaggerated fit to add a borrowed-from-the-boys vibe to every ensemble you pair it with.
2. Madewell Jean Jacket ($118): This jacket’s true-blue hue is everything. Plus, it’s one of those rare goes-with-everything pieces that will add instant chic to any look. If you’re struggling with an outfit that just doesn’t feel quite right yet, try adding this bad boy to the mix. Chances are you’ll love it.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Aimee Song (@songofstyle) on
3. Chelsea28 Lace Trim Silk Camisole ($69): Sumptuous silk with just a hint of lace? Sign us up! We’re calling it now —lingerie-inspired tops are going to be huge this fall, like pumpkin-spice big. Layer this one under an oversized v-neck sweater and let a little lace peek through for just a hint of effortless attitude.
4. Zara Lace Camisole Jumpsuit ($20): This little number will have you saying “ooh la la” every time you put it on. We’re loving the unexpected sheath of lace that peeks out from the low back. Play off the lingerie-inspired details of this jumpsuit and pair it with a dainty and delicate body chain.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Danielle Bernstein (@weworewhat) on
5. STEVE MADDEN Quebec ($100): There’s something about back-to-school time that makes loafers so perfect for fall. These preppy loafers will instantly make any look feel more expensive. Go classic and try ’em with skinnies and a cable-knit sweater.
6. Everlane Modern Loafer ($170): Lackluster outfits have met their match with these high-shine slip-ons. The minimalist silhouette and barely there heel add a new twist to the classic penny loafer.
The Square Scarf
7. J.Crew Italian Silk Square Scarf ($50): Take a tip from French fashionistas — the neck scarf is the easiest way to “fall-ify” any look. This robin’s egg blue and wine-hued option is a total no-brainer for a white button-down and high rise jeans.
8. Urban Outfitters Silky Square Scarf ($14): This budget-friendly price point is so good, you might just want to scoop up this scarf in every color. Wear them as a neckerchief today, as a bracelet tomorrow, and on your bag the day after. The possibilities are pretty much endless.
The Metallic Pleated Skirt
9. Nasty Gal Pleat Your Match Metallic Skirt ($68): This shimmering skirt packs a surprisingly versatile punch. Go girly when you pair it with a cute little crop top and stilettos for a pretty in pink look. Or add tomboy-tough elements like sneakers and a bomber jacket to give this sweet little skirt cool-girl edge.
10. TOPSHOP Metallic Pleat Skirt ($130): Beware: This skirt is certainly not for the faint of heart. The typically dainty midi skirt gets a rock ‘n’ roll update with a metallic shade that’s anything but subtle. Pair it with a bodysuit and black leather jacket to up the ante.
Looking for more must-have styles? We’ve got plenty of those on our Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!