The 5 Affordable Pieces You Need for Fall, According to Every Blogger
Nothing makes saying so long/sayonara/see ya later to the swan pool floaties and frosé of summer easy quite like the anticipation of new fall outfits. Followers of fashion blogs know what we’re talking about. Since July, our Insta feeds have been slowly but surely filling up with fall looks favored to win the season. We looked to the blogosphere for some seasonal style inspiration and couldn’t help but notice a few lust-worthy pieces in heavy rotation. Rip a page out of these tastemakers’ playbooks and arm your closet with these five outfit-making pieces this season.
1. Abercrombie & Fitch Boyfriend Denim Jacket ($88): When it comes to a classic like a denim jacket, why not go a little overboard? Opt for an oversized and slightly exaggerated fit to add a borrowed-from-the-boys vibe to every ensemble you pair it with.
2. Madewell Jean Jacket ($118): This jacket’s true-blue hue is everything. Plus, it’s one of those rare goes-with-everything pieces that will add instant chic to any look. If you’re struggling with an outfit that just doesn’t feel quite right yet, try adding this bad boy to the mix. Chances are you’ll love it.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Aimee Song (@songofstyle) on
3. Chelsea28 Lace Trim Silk Camisole ($69): Sumptuous silk with just a hint of lace? Sign us up! We’re calling it now —lingerie-inspired tops are going to be huge this fall, like pumpkin-spice big. Layer this one under an oversized v-neck sweater and let a little lace peek through for just a hint of effortless attitude.
4. Zara Lace Camisole Jumpsuit ($20): This little number will have you saying “ooh la la” every time you put it on. We’re loving the unexpected sheath of lace that peeks out from the low back. Play off the lingerie-inspired details of this jumpsuit and pair it with a dainty and delicate body chain.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Danielle Bernstein (@weworewhat) on
5. STEVE MADDEN Quebec ($100): There’s something about back-to-school time that makes loafers so perfect for fall. These preppy loafers will instantly make any look feel more expensive. Go classic and try ’em with skinnies and a cable-knit sweater.
6. Everlane Modern Loafer ($170): Lackluster outfits have met their match with these high-shine slip-ons. The minimalist silhouette and barely there heel add a new twist to the classic penny loafer.
The Square Scarf
7. J.Crew Italian Silk Square Scarf ($50): Take a tip from French fashionistas — the neck scarf is the easiest way to “fall-ify” any look. This robin’s egg blue and wine-hued option is a total no-brainer for a white button-down and high rise jeans.
8. Urban Outfitters Silky Square Scarf ($14): This budget-friendly price point is so good, you might just want to scoop up this scarf in every color. Wear them as a neckerchief today, as a bracelet tomorrow, and on your bag the day after. The possibilities are pretty much endless.
The Metallic Pleated Skirt
9. Nasty Gal Pleat Your Match Metallic Skirt ($68): This shimmering skirt packs a surprisingly versatile punch. Go girly when you pair it with a cute little crop top and stilettos for a pretty in pink look. Or add tomboy-tough elements like sneakers and a bomber jacket to give this sweet little skirt cool-girl edge.
10. TOPSHOP Metallic Pleat Skirt ($130): Beware: This skirt is certainly not for the faint of heart. The typically dainty midi skirt gets a rock ‘n’ roll update with a metallic shade that’s anything but subtle. Pair it with a bodysuit and black leather jacket to up the ante.
Looking for more must-have styles? We’ve got plenty of those on our Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.