The 5 Affordable Pieces You Need for Fall, According to Every Blogger
Nothing makes saying so long/sayonara/see ya later to the swan pool floaties and frosé of summer easy quite like the anticipation of new fall outfits. Followers of fashion blogs know what we’re talking about. Since July, our Insta feeds have been slowly but surely filling up with fall looks favored to win the season. We looked to the blogosphere for some seasonal style inspiration and couldn’t help but notice a few lust-worthy pieces in heavy rotation. Rip a page out of these tastemakers’ playbooks and arm your closet with these five outfit-making pieces this season.
The Denim Jacket
1. Abercrombie & Fitch Boyfriend Denim Jacket ($88): When it comes to a classic like a denim jacket, why not go a little overboard? Opt for an oversized and slightly exaggerated fit to add a borrowed-from-the-boys vibe to every ensemble you pair it with.
2. Madewell Jean Jacket ($118): This jacket’s true-blue hue is everything. Plus, it’s one of those rare goes-with-everything pieces that will add instant chic to any look. If you’re struggling with an outfit that just doesn’t feel quite right yet, try adding this bad boy to the mix. Chances are you’ll love it.
3. Chelsea28 Lace Trim Silk Camisole ($69): Sumptuous silk with just a hint of lace? Sign us up! We’re calling it now —lingerie-inspired tops are going to be huge this fall, like pumpkin-spice big. Layer this one under an oversized v-neck sweater and let a little lace peek through for just a hint of effortless attitude.
4. Zara Lace Camisole Jumpsuit ($20): This little number will have you saying “ooh la la” every time you put it on. We’re loving the unexpected sheath of lace that peeks out from the low back. Play off the lingerie-inspired details of this jumpsuit and pair it with a dainty and delicate body chain.
5. STEVE MADDEN Quebec ($100): There’s something about back-to-school time that makes loafers so perfect for fall. These preppy loafers will instantly make any look feel more expensive. Go classic and try ’em with skinnies and a cable-knit sweater.
6. Everlane Modern Loafer ($170): Lackluster outfits have met their match with these high-shine slip-ons. The minimalist silhouette and barely there heel add a new twist to the classic penny loafer.
The Square Scarf
7. J.Crew Italian Silk Square Scarf ($50): Take a tip from French fashionistas — the neck scarf is the easiest way to “fall-ify” any look. This robin’s egg blue and wine-hued option is a total no-brainer for a white button-down and high rise jeans.
8. Urban Outfitters Silky Square Scarf ($14): This budget-friendly price point is so good, you might just want to scoop up this scarf in every color. Wear them as a neckerchief today, as a bracelet tomorrow, and on your bag the day after. The possibilities are pretty much endless.
The Metallic Pleated Skirt
9. Nasty Gal Pleat Your Match Metallic Skirt ($68): This shimmering skirt packs a surprisingly versatile punch. Go girly when you pair it with a cute little crop top and stilettos for a pretty in pink look. Or add tomboy-tough elements like sneakers and a bomber jacket to give this sweet little skirt cool-girl edge.
10. TOPSHOP Metallic Pleat Skirt ($130): Beware: This skirt is certainly not for the faint of heart. The typically dainty midi skirt gets a rock ‘n’ roll update with a metallic shade that’s anything but subtle. Pair it with a bodysuit and black leather jacket to up the ante.
Looking for more must-have styles? We’ve got plenty of those on our Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.