The 5 Affordable Pieces You Need for Fall, According to Every Blogger
Nothing makes saying so long/sayonara/see ya later to the swan pool floaties and frosé of summer easy quite like the anticipation of new fall outfits. Followers of fashion blogs know what we’re talking about. Since July, our Insta feeds have been slowly but surely filling up with fall looks favored to win the season. We looked to the blogosphere for some seasonal style inspiration and couldn’t help but notice a few lust-worthy pieces in heavy rotation. Rip a page out of these tastemakers’ playbooks and arm your closet with these five outfit-making pieces this season.
1. Abercrombie & Fitch Boyfriend Denim Jacket ($88): When it comes to a classic like a denim jacket, why not go a little overboard? Opt for an oversized and slightly exaggerated fit to add a borrowed-from-the-boys vibe to every ensemble you pair it with.
2. Madewell Jean Jacket ($118): This jacket’s true-blue hue is everything. Plus, it’s one of those rare goes-with-everything pieces that will add instant chic to any look. If you’re struggling with an outfit that just doesn’t feel quite right yet, try adding this bad boy to the mix. Chances are you’ll love it.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Aimee Song (@songofstyle) on
3. Chelsea28 Lace Trim Silk Camisole ($69): Sumptuous silk with just a hint of lace? Sign us up! We’re calling it now —lingerie-inspired tops are going to be huge this fall, like pumpkin-spice big. Layer this one under an oversized v-neck sweater and let a little lace peek through for just a hint of effortless attitude.
4. Zara Lace Camisole Jumpsuit ($20): This little number will have you saying “ooh la la” every time you put it on. We’re loving the unexpected sheath of lace that peeks out from the low back. Play off the lingerie-inspired details of this jumpsuit and pair it with a dainty and delicate body chain.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Danielle Bernstein (@weworewhat) on
5. STEVE MADDEN Quebec ($100): There’s something about back-to-school time that makes loafers so perfect for fall. These preppy loafers will instantly make any look feel more expensive. Go classic and try ’em with skinnies and a cable-knit sweater.
6. Everlane Modern Loafer ($170): Lackluster outfits have met their match with these high-shine slip-ons. The minimalist silhouette and barely there heel add a new twist to the classic penny loafer.
The Square Scarf
7. J.Crew Italian Silk Square Scarf ($50): Take a tip from French fashionistas — the neck scarf is the easiest way to “fall-ify” any look. This robin’s egg blue and wine-hued option is a total no-brainer for a white button-down and high rise jeans.
8. Urban Outfitters Silky Square Scarf ($14): This budget-friendly price point is so good, you might just want to scoop up this scarf in every color. Wear them as a neckerchief today, as a bracelet tomorrow, and on your bag the day after. The possibilities are pretty much endless.
The Metallic Pleated Skirt
9. Nasty Gal Pleat Your Match Metallic Skirt ($68): This shimmering skirt packs a surprisingly versatile punch. Go girly when you pair it with a cute little crop top and stilettos for a pretty in pink look. Or add tomboy-tough elements like sneakers and a bomber jacket to give this sweet little skirt cool-girl edge.
10. TOPSHOP Metallic Pleat Skirt ($130): Beware: This skirt is certainly not for the faint of heart. The typically dainty midi skirt gets a rock ‘n’ roll update with a metallic shade that’s anything but subtle. Pair it with a bodysuit and black leather jacket to up the ante.
Looking for more must-have styles? We’ve got plenty of those on our Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.