16 Homemade Body Butters for Silky Smooth Skin
There are plenty of good reasons to not be a fan of winter, but our biggest one might just be how dried out our skin gets. Cold wind and dry air wreak havoc on the silky smooth skin we’ve cultivated all summer long. Luckily there’s a solution: body butter. Slathering on a good helping of the stuff every night is a surefire way to keep skin supple and soft. Each of these 16 creamy body butters are easy to whip up with merely a few simple ingredients. As a bonus, they smell — and in some instances even taste — great.
3. Homemade Body Butter Base: Use this basic (and organic) recipe as a solid base. It can easily be customized with your favorite scents and essential oils for a lotion that’s 100% your own. (via Lia Griffith)
4. Whipped Mocha Body Frosting: Mmmm this one is going to be pretty difficult to resist tasting. Thanks to coffee extract and cocoa powder, it also packs a major antioxidant boost for your skin. (via Humblebee and Me)
7. Plum and Coconut Body Butter: Speaking of pink, how about trying out this concoction? Coconut oil, plum kernel oil and jojoba wax make this the ultimate tool for a pampering sesh. (via Lola Zabeth)
9. Eczema Relief Body Cream: No one likes to talk about it, but the angry red flakes of eczema can get aggressive in the cold and dry winter. Use this cream to soothe even your worst symptoms. (via A Blossoming Life)
12. Cooling Aloe and Mint Body Lotion: While this would be perfect for calming skin after a sunburn, we think the cooling properties of aloe and mint would feel great after a long, hot shower too. Don’t you agree? (via GI 365)
14. Chocolate Hazelnut Body Lotion: Get your Nutella fix without the calories thanks to this body butter. Fun fact: Hazelnut oil actually tightens your skin and stimulates your circulation so it’s doubly good for you! (via Humblebee & Me)
15. Whipped White Chocolate Body Butter: Unfortunately this delicious smelling body butter doesn’t actually taste like white chocolate. But trust us, it should still be considered a worthwhile treat. (via The Prairie Homestead)
Which of these moisture-packed lotions are you most excited to DIY? Tell us below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!