30 Bohemian Chic Homes to Inspire Your Inner Boho Babe
Creating a stylish bohemian home means a little bit eclectic and a little modern, but always colorful and very fun. Perfect for those who like to mix it up with colors, textures and patterns, the bohemian look is very forgiving. You can throw any art pieces together, mix vintage with contemporary and mix colors and patterns. If you’re looking for some free-spirited home decor inspo, here are 30 unique boho homes that do a stellar job of combining bright colors and bold textures to create interiors full of personality.
1. Outdoor Living: This backyard oasis blends modern design with natural elements by incorporating a large paper chandelier and a wooden coffee table. Even the bright boho color palette doesn’t disturb the zen atmosphere going on in this space. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
3. Mismatched Dining: Boho is the perfect look if you haven’t quite made it to dining set status yet. But then again, you might love the look so much you’ll stick with it forever. (via Jasna Janekovic)
4. Sophisticated Boho: If you think bohemian decor means messy clutter, think again. Consider this a stylish version of boho, with colorful tray tables, a bold floral rug and sleek seating options. (via Ryann Ford)
5. Mixing Styles: A little bit Scandinavian and a little bit boho, this living space is a refreshingly colorful oasis. We love the combination of brightly colored textiles and modern, clean furniture. (via Decor8)
7. Coffee Station: We love the idea of having a dedicated area (shrine?) for coffee or tea. Complete with a colorful mug collection and tins of your favorite blend, a space like this will make waking up in the morning that much easier. (via Unsals)
13. Retro Touches: Super bright and airy, this space has incredible light, so the homeowners decided to bring in color with major pieces of furniture instead of painting or adding wallpaper. (via Emily Henderson)
16. Nordic Boho: If you just can’t quite warm up to completely white Scandinavian decor, add tapestries on the walls and floor cushions to make the space feel more inviting. (via Idea Interiors Montreal)
18. Eclectic Collectibles: Featuring a vibrant display of antique collectibles and accents that look like they were found while traveling the world, this living room does an excellent job of balancing textures. We also love the couch that’s spruced up with just a tribal blanket. (via The Design Files)
19. Blue Velvet: Unless you live in a yurt, you probably have a corner. And if you have a corner, you can turn it into a chic little reading nook with just a chair, a lamp and a small table or ottoman. Go on and treat yourself. (via Emily Henderson)
20. Paired Textures: Pairing a lavender velvet couch with lucite chairs is a bold move, but it definitely works in this fab space. Bonus points if you can spot the cute dog enjoying a peaceful nap. (via Lonny)
22. Neutral Industrial: Can you sense the European vibes in this loft from Spain? Even though there isn’t a lot of color, this neutral space is loaded with vintage elements that give it a unique character. (via Decor8)
23. Open Shelves: Bohemian decor just begs for little spaces to display treasures. Whether you collect plants or vases or just need some stylish storage options, open shelving is the way to go. (via Style at Home)
24. Utilize That Corner: You don’t need vast expanses of counter space to have a stylish kitchen. We approve of the use of open shelves and a sneaky little bar cart to add some more storage. (via Freunde von Freunden)
25. Rustic Simplicity: Everything in this cozy and comforting home was either a gift, thrifted or traded. The end result is a space that really feels warm and inviting — everything a home should be. (via Apartment Therapy)
26. Glam Boho: If a rocker chick and a boho girl decorated a place together, it might look something like this. There’s a lot to see here — pretty candles, lovely glassware, fun pillows — but everything has its own spot, so the effect is whimsical rather than cluttered. (via Apartment Therapy)
27. Bohemian Bedding: This bursting-with-color bedroom does a pro job of balancing brights with neutrals. If your walls are white, fill the room with color, or go crazy on the walls but keep the furniture and rugs on a more controlled palette. (via PopSugar)
28. Eclectic Treasures: Looking for some ideas on how to get that perfectly curated eclectic look? Consider a mix of metallics, natural wood pieces and tribal colors and textures to get the ultimate boho space. (via Domaine Home)
What do you think of bohemian home decor? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)