10 Creative Ways to Use Bone Broth
Now this is a health food trend we can get behind: Bone broth is cheap, simple to make, and totally lazy-girl approved… yet it’s FULL of nutrients and brings tons of health benefits. But while bone broth can taste amazing all by itself, most people want more creative ways to consume it. And we’ve got *plenty* of ideas. From soup recipes to warm smoothie recipes, there are plenty of ways to eat it. Here are a few of our favorites.
1. Simple Shiitake Mushroom Chicken Ramen: Get ready for the best news of your life: There are definitely health benefits to eating ramen — when you make it with fresh ingredients and combine it with a collagen-rich, wholesome bone broth, that is. (via Project Meal Plan)
2. Asian Bone Broth Soup: This Asian soup is slightly spicy and totally healthy. Made with bone broth, carrots, onions, ginger, sesame oil, spinach, and pho (rice noodles), it’s an uber nutritious and comforting dinner choice. (via The Foodolic)
4. Fall Bone Broth Latte: We think this delicious drink would be fantastic at *any* time of year. Made with bone broth, sweet potato, garlic, and turmeric, this truly is a superfood beverage. (via Well and Good)
5. Mom’s Homemade Chicken Pot Pie: This delicious comfort food is made even more delicious with this healthy hack: Cook the chicken WHOLE overnight in a slow cooker. Then, de-bone the bird and place the bones back in the slow cooker to create a healthy broth. You can sip it while noming on your pot pie, OR use it in place of canned chicken broth in the recipe. (via My Cultured Palate)
6. Sausage Sauerkraut Soup: Talk about a gut-health boosting recipe. Sauerkraut gives this delicious soup a healthy dose of probiotics, while soothing bone broth helps to improve the gut lining. Not to mention, it’s DELICIOUS. (via Everyday Wholehearted)
7. Savory Oatmeal With Shiitake, Egg, and Spinach: Can you think of anything more nourishing than oatmeal made with bone broth? That’s exactly what this is, and its just as comforting as it sounds. (via The Worktop)
8. Healing Lemon Ginger Bone Broth: Sometimes, it’s best not to complicate things. When you feel like sticking to the classics, sip on this simple yet flavorful bone broth recipe. It’s best enjoyed in a cozy mug on a rainy day. (via Turnip in the Oven)
9. Bone Broth Risotto With Mushrooms and Crispy Shallots: This classic risotto is simmered in bone broth, which infuses the rice with an extra punch of savory flavor. Also in this savor-worthy dish: peas, parsley, shallots, white wine, and garlic. (via Will Cook for Friends)
10. Easy Chicken Enchiladas: Ever wonder how restaurants get their enchiladas to be SO moist and flavorful? The secret is bone broth. Now you can DIY this insanely good dish at home. (via My Cultured Palate)
Follow us on Pinterest for more healthy meal ideas!