8 Sweet Book Gifts for Mom That Aren’t Totally Corny
Mother’s Day is creeping up on us, you guys. And if you’re anything like us, your mom deserves way more than you could write in a Mother’s Day card. She’s worthy of a mouthwatering Mother’s Day brunch, some serious pampering and some time to herself to curl up with a good book. That’s why we’ve pulled together this list of super-sweet but not totally corny books that are on-theme and might even spark a tear. Brownie points!
1. Letters to My Mom by Lea Redmond ($15): This one requires some work on your part, but it’s SO worth it. This book includes envelopes you can fill with letters and photos from you and your family members that she can open and read later on. How cute is that?
2. Because You’re a Mom ($15): Here’s a journal tailored to motherhood. It has inspirational quotes about being a mom on each page, not to mention a gorgeous, colorful design.
3. Stop Here, This Is the Place by Susan Conley and Winky Lewis ($16): This one’s a really special project. Author Winky Lewis sent her neighbor Susan Conley a photograph every day, either of their children or their surroundings. The result? “The story of a year in which children’s arms and legs get longer, and traces of babyhood fade.” A definite tear-jerker.
4. Brave Enough by Cheryl Strayed ($17): Okay, so this one isn’t about motherhood per se, but it’s the kind of book every mom (and person, really) loves. It’s a book of the best quotes from Wild-author Cheryl Strayed, so basically, the most inspiring thing ever.
5. Traveling With Pomegranates: A Mother-Daughter Story by Sue Monk Kidd ($15): Here’s a great Mother’s Day read. It’s a dual memoir from bestselling-author Sue Monk Kidd and her daughter that tells the story of their quest to find themselves and “rediscover each other.”
6. Amy’s Answering Machine: Messages from Mom by Amy Borkowsky ($11): Anyone with an endearingly overprotective mom will relate to this hilarious compilation of more than a decade’s worth of phone messages from Amy Borkowsky’s mother. So funny!
7. Moms Who Drink and Swear: True Tales of Loving My Kids While Losing My Mind by Nicole Knepper ($15): Anyone who says motherhood is all fun and games is straight-up lying. Here’s a book that tells it like it is.
8. Mom Life: An Adult Coloring Book ($13): Maybe not for YOUR mom, but for any mom with small children, this could be a relaxing and much-needed gift.
Which of these are you going to pick up for a Mother’s Day gift? Tweet us your thoughts @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Feature photo via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)