12 Unique “Something Blue” Ideas for Your Wedding
Whether you just got engaged or are in the midst of planning, your wedding day “something blue” is a fun addition not to be forgotten. Though it may only seem like a color for the bridal shower or a nautical-themed celebration, it’s definitely a fun “pop” to add to your day… or even to shade in the bigger parts of the celebration. Before you say “I Do,” read on for 12 awesome ways to incorporate something blue and keep your bridal bliss going strong.
1. Invites + Save the Dates: Show your “something blue” right from the start with your Save the Dates or invites. (via Wedding Paper Divas)
2. Surround Your Guests in Blue: If not a good hue for you, shower your place settings with your favorite shade of blue. Bright hues are a beautiful spring backdrop, while navy is great for fall. Not to mention, you could always use the bridal color of the last few years and offspring of ’90s baby blue + ’00s cerulean (cue Devil Wears Prada): teal! (via Aly Carroll)
3. Druzy Earrings ($56): Probably your most obvious “something blue” option is a pair of cute studs. They’re sure to catch everyone’s eye, making you feel truly bridal.
4. Dress Up in Blue: Dress up your white bridal hue with a touch of blue. (via Colin Cowie Weddings)
5. Let Your Bridesmaids Take the Honor: Give your bridesmaids the honor of donning your “something blue” with their gorgeous gowns. (Hint: Blue tends to look great on all skins tones and hair colors.) (via One Fab Day)
6. Blue Bustle Pop: Give glances of the faint hue as you walk, dance and twirl for your big day. (via The Nichols)
7. “Later” Hue: Nobody said you had to be blue as you entered the chapel or walked down the aisle. Go blue at a later time of the day, and cover up with the most romantic and cuddly shade you can find. (via Jose Villa)
8. Blue “Bird”: Wear a pretty bird, feather, or headpiece atop your ‘do and really flaunt that blue. (via The Knotty Bride)
9. Sapphire ($28): Use statement jewelry to bring in the blue of your day.
10. Blues-y Florals: Your bouquet can be a range of your favorite blues. Check out what’s in season and go all-out or pop a few rad hues amongst the rest of your bridal colors. (Photographed by Sylvie Gil, floral design by Valley Flora)
11. Blues-y Undergarments ($50): Pick out gorgeous undergarments with a hint of blue detailing for the big day. Of course, only you, your newly-named spouse (and maybe some of your besties) will know, but that’s all you need!
12. Vintage Ringbearer Box ($18): This handmade creation is a sure way to bring in that single blue pop during your ceremony. The challenge: Find an awesome way to display it post-ceremony too.
Are you incorporating something blue in your wedding? Let us know in the comments below!