The 27 Most Colorful Jackets to Beat the Cold-Weather Blues
Fall: It’s quite amazing how happy this silly season can make us feel. Like an old friend, every time it comes around, it feels as if it never left. We are comforted by the sound of the crunchy, golden leaves being stepped on, racks upon racks of snuggly clothes and, of course, we can’t forget those damn delicious PSLs. No matter what the reason is for why you hopelessly fall for this season every year, there is one thing that we always wish there were more of: bright + colorful coats. Just because the days are getting grayer doesn’t mean we should only wear dark colors too. Call it a rebellious spirit or an undying love of all things technicolor, but these 27 colorful jackets might be just what you need to lift your sartorial spirits this fall.
1. Maison Scotch Classic Tailored Jacket In Bonded Fabric ($264): A car coat is one of the pieces that belongs on every girl’s must-have list. Not only are they straight up classy, they go with everything in your closet. If you already have one kicking around, consider stepping outside the box with a striking pink hue.
2. Silence + Noise Jacquie Sherpa Parka Jacket ($139): A jacket with a collar that ginormous wins the cozy girl award in our book. The flowy piece is perfect to layer over a lighter fall jacket on those so-cold-it-hurts days, and pair with a knitted beanie. Rock with joggers to run errands or velvet trousers for a chilly night out.
3. Front Row Shop Embroidered Trench Coat ($66): Constantly being bundled up is the reality when fall weather hits in full-force, meaning those perfectly put-together outfits are often under wraps. That’s why a stand-out coat is an absolute must in order to show off some personality. Front Row Shop totally gets it, thus this vibrant, kaleidoscope-inspired trench.
4. Monki Color Block Bomber Jacket ($63): Pull up the sleeves to this silky smooth bomber jacket to add some kick-ass vibes to your laid-back weekend outfit.
5. BDG Snap Front Poncho Jacket ($50): If you’ve been wondering how to give your rain gear an of-the-moment upgrade, a poncho-style outer layer is what you need. Throw in a sunny shade of yellow and you’re golden — even in the event of rain.
6. Banana Republic Moto Cocoon Coat ($298): The warm weather might have gone into hibernation mode, but that doesn’t mean you have to let go of those easy, breezy summertime vibes. Keep the dream alive even on the darkest days with a playful pastel coat. It’ll brighten up everything from skinny jeans to mini dresses in seconds flat.
7. Topshop Faux Fur Trim Lightweight Parka ($135): Layering is vital when the temperatures drop, which is where this hand faux-fur trimmed parka comes in. Toss it over a cozy knit, add on a fisherman’s hat and you’re ready for whatever weather the day brings.
cropped style is ideal for fall, providing just enough warmth to fend off biting winds and an eye-catching color to keep your spirits high. A suede skirt and turtleneck can play up its throwback flair, while faux leather bottoms provide a modern edge.
9. Zara Embroidered Jacket ($150): If print and pattern are your thang, then check out this super chic jacket from Zara. Let this piece stand out from the crowd by keeping the rest of your look minimal – denim culottes and a ribbed-knit sweater will do.
10. & Other Stories Wool Coat With Leather Belt ($325): One of the reasons why we love & Other Stories is not just because they produce great modern takes on wardrobe staples, but they always pay attention to the smallest detail. For instance, this jacket looks stunning on its own, but add a leather belt, and we just died and went to fall-coat heaven. Plus, it’s the best inspiration for matching your jacket + pants, period.
11. Forever21 Slouchy Twill Utility Jacket ($38): When a light layer is all you need, consider this lilac number your new go-to piece. The oversized silhouette lends a borrowed-from-the-boys feel to any outfit and balances out everything from high-waisted skirts to flares and fitted sheath dresses.
black (although, black is never a bad idea). This DOMA jacket will add next-level sass and edge to your fall ensemble the next time you go to see your favorite band at the local venue.
13. White Pepper Oversized Jacket ($113): We might have fallen head over heels for this thin coat. That color is too good to pass up, especially if you’re looking to take your denim-on-denim color palette to the next level.
14. FRS Suedette Colorful Block Collarless Trench Coat ($71): Ready to turn some heads? This multi-color number will guarantee that all eyes are on you. For an even more fashion-forward ensemble, don’t forget the statement steppers. Our choice? Ankle boots with funky heels or platforms to hit that ‘70s vibe head on.
15. Ted Baker Lorili Long Wool Wrap Coat ($549): Okay, so it’s a bit of a splurge, but think about it, cold climate gals: Between the unique color and elegant silhouette, you’ll want to pair it up with everything from boyfriend jeans to date-night-approved dresses.
16. Front Row Shop Oversized Wool-Blended Jacket ($108): Nothing can truly replace a classic moto jacket, but don’t let that keep you from branching out. This striking wool number offers the style you love, but with a punch of bright color that will keep your day-to-day uniform feeling fresh.
17. Alice & UO Claire Coat ($100): Pea coats are classic and all that, but there’s no denying the appeal of a next gen interpretation of a timeless topper. Take this hunting-jacket-meets-pea-coat number. It has that tried-and-true style you love with a nonchalant edge that makes it feel modern and fresh.
crazy fall weather can knock those sartorial sensibilities down by rocking it with slim cut pants and a pair of elevated rain boots.
19. & Other Stories Viscose Trench Coat ($195): Stop traffic with this super-femme version of a trench coat. We aren’t kidding when we say you could clearly see us from afar in an ocean of people while wearing this mint green coat. It’s sure to lean festive, come holiday season, and is just plain cute the rest of the year.
faux fur toppers are the ultimate cozy alternative. They deliver an unparalleled sartorial punch — especially when bright colors are involved — and make everything from leggings to shirt dresses feel ultra (ULTRA!) glam.
don’t need to wear anything else underneath when your jacket looks this damn good ;)
22. Moth Crimson Wool Cape ($148): Little Red Riding Hood just got a chic upgrade to her traditional red coat and we’re ready to rock it. First up, flares and a striped long-sleeved shirt, to give it a French girl spin.
23. Numph Rebecca Parka ($249): Don’t let cool weather keep you from looking your best. Brave the cold in style with a soft puffer coat in a pleasant shade of plum and a pair of rugged lace-up boots.
24. & Other Stories Woodland Print Quilted Bomber Jacket ($91): Add some edge to your LBD in this leaf-print jacket that’s just begging to be paired with sneaks and your favorite flourescent beanie, or make a statement at work over burgundy trousers and a crisp button up shirt.
chunky scarf to throw the whole outfit together to be ready for fall, just like that.
26. ASOS WHITE Coat in Block Stripe ($225): This striped number might boast a timeless silhouette, but this baby is anything but basic with its bold color blocking and statement stripes. Swap it for your fave dress coat and give a whole new meaning to elegant dressing.
27. Otis & Maclain Speckled Coat ($127): Bright and lightweight, this textured topper will keep you toasty while allowing you to stand out from the crowd. Layer it over sleek separates or a structured frock for a contemporary look.