Announcing Brit Kit Collabs: Design*Sponge, Polyvore and More!
Guess what!? We’ve got big news on the Brit Kits front.
The holidays are all about getting together with friends. So, we got together with some of our BFFs to create a collection of brand new Brit Kits that you will love to give and receive! We collaborated with Bow & Drape, Not Martha, Shop Sweet Things, Polyvore, Design*Sponge, A Subtle Revelry, Almost Makes Perfect and Lovely Indeed to create nine brand new Brit Kits.
Each of these kits makes for a great holiday gift, or you can stock up on them yourself to create handmade gifts for friends and family members at the top of your list. Shop them all right here, and read on for more info about each exclusive kit.
1. Design*Sponge Wood-Burnt Cheese Board Kit ($35-$45): Love a good cheese plate? Then you will fall head over heels for our wood-burnt cheese board kit, created in partnership with Grace Bonney, the founder of Design*Sponge. With this kit, you’ve got everything you need to customize a cheese board for yourself or a for a friend. Check out more design ideas by heading over to our wood-burnt cheese board tutorial, and head here to get behind the scenes with Grace.
2. Bow & Drape Tacky Holiday Sweater Kit ($30): Why buy a tacky sweater for your next holiday party when you can DIY? Created in collaboration with Aubrie Pagano of Bow & Drape, this kit lets you customize this sweatshirt anyway you like with tinsel and sequin decals. Wearing your creation is also known as #winning every holiday party you attend. Learn more about Aubrie’s story by checking out her maker profile right here, and head to our tacky sweater tutorial for maximum tinsel.
3. Shop Sweet Things Wood Bead Necklace Kit ($30): Hop in your arts and crafts time machine and get back in touch with your finger painting roots! We partnered up with Jeanne Chan at Shop Sweet Things to create this bold Wood Bead Necklace Kit, fit for any age and any style. Each kit makes two necklaces, and is a great DIY activity for adults and kids to do together. With 12 paint colors in every kit, you can create a totally unique mix of solid, marbled and patterned beads — head here to check out the full DIY tutorial, and prepare to get inspired.
4. Not Martha Mug and Gingerbread House Kit ($30): Baby it’s cold outside, so snuggle up with some warm cocoa, coffee, or tea with this DIY mug and gingerbread house set. Created in collaboration with Megan Reardon of Not Martha, this kit is just what the holidays ordered. And are you ready for some futuristic DIY action? We 3D printed the cookie cutters — how cool is that? Learn more about this kit by heading to the DIY tutorial, and get behind the scenes with Megan by checking out her maker profile.
5. Lovely Indeed Gold Leaf Leather Valet Kit ($35): Get organized with a DIY gorgeous gold leaf and leather valet. It’s the perfect sophisticated gift for her or him. Created in collaboration with Chelsea Foy of Lovely Indeed, we love the mix of chic modern style and old school luxury this kit evokes. Get behind the scenes with Chelsea by checking out her maker profile right here, and head to our gold leaf leather valet tutorial for the full how-to.
6. Almost Makes Perfect Hand-Stamped Scarf Kit ($25): Wrap yourself in this scarf and start collecting compliments. No one will believe you made it yourself! Created in collaboration with Molly Madfis of Almost Makes Perfect, the creative possibilities with this hand-stamped scarf kit are pretty darn endless. Cover your scarf in blocks, stripes or a crazy mix of shapes — the design is totally up to you. See how it’s done by heading to our hand-stamped textiles tutorial, and learn all about Molly right here.
7. Almost Makes Perfect Hand-Stamped Napkins Kit ($25): This is like our hand-stamped scarf’s Irish twin! Add custom flair to your table with these hand-stamped napkins. We created this kit in collaboration with Molly Madfis of Almost Makes Perfect, and love all the different ways you can customize it to fit your style. Cover your napkins in blocks, stripes or a crazy mix of shapes — the design is totally up to you. See how it’s done by heading to our hand-stamped textiles tutorial, and learn all about Molly right here.
8. Polyvore Tassel Fringe Necklace Kit ($25): Get ready for a fringe fest with these fun and colorful necklaces. We teamed up with Polyvore to give someone in their community a chance at designing a Brit Kit, and this fringe necklace kit by Ann-Marie Robinson is the winning design! Learn more about Ann-Marie right here, and check out more DIY details by heading to our tassel fringe necklace tutorial.
9. A Subtle Revelry Geometric Candleholders Kit ($25): Designed in partnership with Victoria Hudgins of A Subtle Revelry, this modern set of DIY geometric candle holders is just what you need to spruce up your table this holiday season. Pick from several different candle colors to customize the kit to your room or occasion — each kit makes one set of six candle holders. Learn all about Victoria by checking out her maker profile right here, and peep our geometric candle holders tutorial to see how to make them yourself.
And that’s a wrap. Time to start making, shopping and gifting! :)