Last month, we asked all of you to help us choose a brand new Brit Kit to feature in our shop. Not only did you give us some great advice, but a whole bunch of you agreed on what the next kit should be: State-Shaped Memo Boards! And guess what? You can now buy a kit that includes everything you need to create these adorable memo boards over in the Brit + Co. shop. And since we love hearing from you, we’ve rounded up another 20 projects to choose from for another new Brit Kit. More on that in a minute.
First, about our new State-Shaped Memo Boards Kit.
This kit will help you create color-dipped state-shaped memo boards to pin up all your favorite photos, cards, and more.
Your memo board kit includes:
– 3 pieces of cork board
– 1 Xacto knife
– 3 bottles of acrylic paint
– 1 foam brush
– 1 Brit + Co. pencil
We even created a printable template of all 50 states (download here) so you can find the three states that are most special to you. These also make great gifts for just about any occasion.
Now, time to figure out the next new Brit Kit! Like last time, we’ve rounded up 20 of our favorite DIY in order to turn your favorite one into a Brit Kit!
All you need to do to make your dream Brit Kit happen is vote for your favorite by repinning or liking it on our Projects to DIY For (yes to DIY for) board. Once we have a clear favorite, we’ll turn it into a Brit Kit you can buy in our shop.
1. Cotton + Leather Clutch Purse: We love the juxtaposition of leather with a graphic black and white print. This could also make a really cute iPad case! (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. Wool Felt iPhone Sleeves: Speaking of cases for tech, what about making a cozy little home for your smartphone? (via Poppytalk)
3. Brass Ring T-Shirt Necklace: Can you believe this is made from t-shirt scraps and rings found at the hardware store? (via Brit + Co.)
4. DIY Tassel Earrings: Graduation season is in full swing and tassels aren’t just for grads. (via Honestly WTF)
5. Neon Painted Stone Rings: Create your own gorgeous statement rings with paint pens, found stones, and ring pads. (via Brit + Co.)
6. Paper Fan Garland: Paper fan garlands are totally the new pennant banner, don’t you think? (via Oh Happy Day)
7. Neon Gem Statement Necklace: For an insanely bright piece, we love this neon gem collar. The gems were painted using nail polish! (via I Spy DIY)
8. Twisted Rope Rug: You can create a mini version of this for your table or even your wall. (via Brit + Co.)
9. Fringe Statement Necklace: Spice up an existing necklace by adding a layer or two of fringe to the back – it’s like a whole new piece. (via Brit + Co.)
10. Tassel Scarf: Take any plain old scarf (or piece of jersey knit fabric) and add embroidery floss tassels. It’s as simple as that! (via A Beautiful Mess)
11. DIY Beaded Bracelet: Add to your stack of friendship bracelets by creating a series of seed bead braided bracelets with gold seed beads and embroidery floss. (via Honestly WTF)
12. Rope Bracelets: Or go for a more industrial look with rope and studs. (via Brit + Co.)
13. Embroidery Hoop Clocks: Need to keep track of more than one time zone? We love a pair (or quintet!) or these embroidery hoop clocks as functional wall decor. (via Brit + Co.)
14. DIY Heart Print Bag: Create a custom stamp using traditional printmaking techniques and design your town tote. (via The Lovely Drawer)
15. Rope & Stone Statement Necklace: Agate and rope come together beautifully in this bulky but still feminine statement piece. (via I Spy DIY)
16. Gold-Dipped Ceramics: One of the simplest DIY projects we’ve ever done, this was a hit on Pinterest and is a great way to decorate for a large party. (via Brit + Co.)
17. Clay Bead Necklace: Clay beads don’t have to be totally weird and marbleized like the ones you made at summer camp. (via Delighted Momma)
18. Typography Tee: Want to wear your words on your tee? We used sequined trim and a few handy stitches to create this shirt. You could also make it using fabric glue or hot glue. (via Brit + Co.)
19. Painted Floral Tablecloth: For a bold springy vibe, we’re loving this print by the gals at Oh Happy Day. (via Oh Happy Day)
20. Tasseled Sunglasses Pouch: And last, a place to put your favorite pair of sunnies! (via Luri and Wilma)
What project would you like to see turned into a Brit Kit? Let us know by voting for your favorite on our Projects to DIY For Pinterest board. Simply repin or like whichever one you want to see in Brit Kit form. We’ll tally up votes next week – stay tuned to see which of these 20 projects will turn into a Brit Kit.