The BritList: Well-Designed Forts for Your Home and More
Still recovering from ringing in 2015? We feel you. And we’re pretty pumped that the day after the first holiday of the year happens to be a Friday. So, let’s get to it.
1. Daddy Daughter Dance Battle: When your daughter comes up to you and says “Dad, lets dance battle,” you set up a video camera, roll up the carpet and get your dance on. Watch the whole thing — you won’t be sorry.
3. World’s First Glow-in-the-Dark Bike Path: How awesome is this? It’s an evening-friendly bike path inspired by Van Gogh’s Starry Night.
4. #FirstDateSelfies: These started hitting the Internet in droves a few weeks ago, and they will likely be one of the most popular hashtags of 2015. We’re guessing Tinder or another dating site will try to get involved with this trend.
5. SmartKapp Dry Erase Board: We all still use dry erase boards, but they feel pretty outdated. This smarter option transfers your notes instantly to your phone and/or computer, making it easy to share with an entire team, clients, etc. It’s great for working with remote teams. At $900, the price is pretty hefty for something you could basically accomplish by taking a photo with your phone and sending it out, but the technology behind it is super cool.
6. Art Pop Large Clutch ($106): Color-obsessed? We kind of wish this clutch was a jumpsuit…
7. Bothles Vases: This innovative vase pulls double duty. It’s built to hold both plants and flowers — the lower piece is made for plants, while the top is perfect for a flower or two. And because the top holds water for flowers, you can use it to water your plant! #meta
8. Orwell Sofa Fort: We need this at Brit HQ ASAP.
9. Frills Ear Buddies ($16): And just like that, patterned ear buds have become a new must-have accessory.
10. Monde Riant: Inspired by Mondrian, these color blocked note pads will add a punch of modernism to your desk.
11. Sketching 101 E-Class: In less than an hour, learn all the basics of sketching, including how to hold your pencil, shadow and create 3D effects. At the end of the class, you’ll have a beautiful geometric floral piece to hang on your wall or to give to a friend.
12. My Library: And finally, a reality check we can all giggle about.
What are your 2015 resolutions? Talk to us in the comments below.