Either way, make sure you’re all caught up on all of this week’s news before greeting your gals and diving into the gossip. Check out everything you may have missed below — you know you don’t want to be left out of any mimosa-fueled convos.
1. Let’s Play Celebrity: Not only did Taylor Swift get THE coolest DIY sweater from a fan, but she also became the most followed celeb on Instagram this week. Though TayTay was having a pretty badass week, her alleged “Bad Blood” rival didn’t as she fell off a segway at Burning Man. In non-Taylor-related celeb news, Reese Witherspoon shared a sweet HBD side-by-side snap of her daughter, we figured out what Britney Spears is gonna be for Halloween (spoiler: Mermaidney), Alexa Chung debuted an app and Game of Thrones’ Maisie Williams launched a YouTube channel. Entertainment-wise, Netflix announced its next Marvel series and the Disney Channel Original Movie Halloweentown is an actual place we can all visit! (Photo via @taylorswift)
2. Child Chatter: Cuteness alert — new pictures of JT and Jessica Biel’s son Silas! Chic alert — we got a peek at Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent’s nursery for little lady Poppy! Round of applause alert — parental leave is getting more seamless c/o this co. Need it now alert — a body temperature-adjusting baby swaddle. And that’s all you need to know about the children this week ;) (Photos via @fallontonight)
3. Tech Talk: SO MUCH APPLE NEWS THIS WEEK! After absorbing all of that iOS upgrade-worthy news you’re gonna want to share with your tech-savvy friends the iOS 9.1 emojis coming to our keyboards real soon, Minnie Mouse’s debut on Instagram, Windows 10 secret spying capabilities, an app that predicts who you are based on your FB deets and Google’s WebMD-alternative feature. Need more to discuss? Have no fear, as there’s plenty of Instagram-related news. There are science-backed ways to get more double taps, there’s a study that reveals your personality based on your filter of choice and there’s a special feed for all you missing out on NYFW to not suffer from too much FOMO. (Photo via Apple)
4. Style Session: This week gave us style inspo in the form of Parenthood’s Erika Christensen’s mesh wedding dress and Amy Schumer’s fall cardigan. It supplied hair envy via Victoria Beckham’s bangs, Sienna Miller’s red hair and Kaley Cuoco’s short hair braid (and a growing man bun). And it provided plain ole inspo by way of the #BORNandMADE campaign, a video about loving one’s stretch marks, Target’s body positive move and even Google’s suuuuuper cool Made With Code NYFW dress. After all that fashion inspo talk, get to the strictly stylish stuff by way of Ellen’s upcoming shoe collection, dELiA*s launching adult-sized options, Lauren Conrad’s NYFW show, Pantone’s spring 2016 colors, Honest Beauty, a shoe collection ideal for ladies with wide feet and the budget-friendly alternative to recreating Kylie Jenner’s beauty routine. Go forth and be stylish. (Photo via #BORNandMADE)
5. Breaking Bread: Here’s all your culinary news for this week: Target in Chicago could start serving you alcohol while you shop, Starbucks has hard cider-inspired teas for the fall, Keurig now has a soup K-cups and Sarah Michelle Gellar is releasing baking kits. Now go indulge in alllllllllllll of that deliciousness with your BFFs. (Photo via Foodstirs)
6. Creative Convo Starters: Re:Make is providing plenty of creative moments for you and your crew to be inspired this weekend, but if y’all are unable to attend, there’s a handful of other inspo-inducing topics to share as well. From tips on what you’re doing wrong with your resume to why leaving work early is actually good for you, there’s plenty of fodder to ponder. Need more? Let your pals in on some secrets: Book clubs are healthy for relationships (and so is this video series), there are tricks to succeeding, breathing helps curb stress, single people are happy people and solo vacays are great.
Meet you back here next week, same time, same place ;)
What topics will be tossed around the table between you and your brunch buds this weekend? Let us know in the comments.