With each new season comes a new beauty regimen. Your makeup changes, your skincare routine changes and sometimes your budget changes too. Now that winter is in full swing, we’re focusing our beauty efforts on moisturizing, exfoliating and combating the drying effects of harsh, cold weather. While you may need to stock up on a few winter beauty essentials, there’s no need to break the bank on pricey products. These budget-friendly buys and DIYs will help you say sayonara to dry winter skin.
1. Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream ($4): This is totally obvious, but hand cream is a must-have for winter. Stash some in your bag and at your desk to keep those hands soft.
2. Soap + Glory Flake Away Body Polish ($25): Say bye-bye to dry, flaky skin and hello to smooth, happy skin. Aside from hydrating, this polish will also leave you smelling amazing.
3. Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm ($3): Burt’s has got your back with this classic peppermint lip balm that moisturizes and smooths cracked lips.
4. Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve ($6): This is an all-time favorite because of its versatility. Dab it on dry lips or soothe and condition dry skin. Bonus tip for new moms: Rosebud salve also remedies diaper rash.
5. Yes to Carrots Intense Hydration Night Cream ($13): A night cream that does all the work while you get your beauty sleep — what could be better?
6. JR Watkins Hand and Body Lotion ($10): You may think citrus scents are for summertime, but this creamy, lemony body lotion is just what your skin needs to stay moisturized this winter.
7. Fresh Sugar Lip Polish ($22.50): This polish exfoliates and conditions lips, ridding them of dry flakes and giving you perfectly kissable lips.
8. POND’S Cold Cream Cleanser ($6): This is a classic beauty essential you should reach for all year long. Not only does it moisturize your skin, but it also cleanses to remove dirt and makeup.
9. Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream ($6): Before your next mani, give your cuticles some love too. We like this buttery cream for softening cuticles.
10. Whipped Mango Body Butter: For silky-smooth skin, give this DIY body butter a try. Made from all-natural ingredients, it will melt into your skin like real butter and relieve your dry skin. (via Brit + Co)
11. Rosemary + Peppermint Foot Scrub: Don’t forget to give your feet some TLC this winter. This yummy-smelling scrub uses coarse Kosher salt to get the job done and leave your feet happy. (via Aunt Peaches)
12. Banana and Almond Oil Hair Mask: Protect your hair from dry winter air with a moisturizing mask. We know putting mashed bananas in your hair might seem crazy, but trust us, this works. (via Free People)
15. Argan Oil Cuticle Cream: Keeping cuticles hydrated isn’t just important for all those mani Instagrams you’re taking. Moisturized cuticles also help improve overall nail health. (via The Mountain Rose Blog)
How do you keep skin moisturized throughout the cold winter months? What are your favorite budget beauty buys and DIYs? Chat with us in the comments!