This Is the Easiest Celebrity Trend to Nail on Your Next Trip to the Mall
You already know it as one of Taylor Swift’s go-to moves: the matching top and bottom set. But for a while there, it looked like it was going to end as a trend for summer. But a quick check of celebrity style proves that it’s (thankfully!) not. Celebs like Jessica Biel and Kendall Jenner have been rocking coordinating sets as recently as last week. Not only do matching sets make for the EASIEST outfit ever, but there are multiple ways to style a matching set, so you’ll get a lot of mileage out of these trendy pieces.
So feel good about reaching for that matching top and bottom. There’s seriously nothing better than having a built-in summer outfit you don’t have to think about. Here are five of our fave matchy-matchy looks that you don’t need a celeb budget to afford.
1. Endless Rose Peplum Fitted Set ($50): This bright poppy yellow skirt set would look really chic at a traditional Sunday lunch, or you could add a little unexpected touch by wearing it with white sneakers and a cool silk bomber jacket.
2. Topshop India Print Blouse ($68) and Short ($60): Well, hello, new weekend uniform. You look good. This soft set will be the go-to you throw on for everything from baseball games with bae to shopping with your mom.
3. H&M Chiffon Blouse ($15) and Skirt ($13): Really nail this whole ‘70s boho trend with this easy skirt and blouse set. Separating the pieces is easy, too. The skirt looks great with a blank tank, and the blouse can be worn to work with a pair of navy pants.
4. Lush Striped Top ($20) and Shorts ($24): Nobody’s going to blame you if you sleep in this set — it’s kind of perfect for an afternoon nap in a hammock. Wear it with your cutest gladiator sandals, or take it out at night with a pair of nude block heels.
5. Few Moda Skirt Set ($175): This set is so Kate Spade, right? Wear it to an afternoon wedding, or bust it out the next time you take grandma out to lunch.
Show us your most innovative matchy-matchy outfits on Instagram with #iamcreative!
(Photos via Frederick M. Brown, Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty)