17 Celebs With the Best Beach Hair on Instagram This Week
A day at the beach isn’t just amazing for your mental state; it also works wonders for your hair. From pin-straight locks to mussed-up, all-natural, beach hair has grown to iconic status (see: Gisele and Jennifer Aniston).
But what about when you can’t spend the afternoon sunning yourself oceanside? Thankfully, with the help of some old-school hair rollers and a spritz or two of texturizing salt spray (which you can totally DIY), bodacious goddess hair is easy to fake.
To ensure you’re on your beauty A-game, we’re looking to your favorite celebrities for major hair inspiration. From Mandy Moore’s sun-drenched bob to Gigi Hadid’s badass, unfussy look, here are the most swoon-worthy tousled locks spotted on Instagram this week.
1. Candace Swanepoel: Of course the fact that this supermodel successfully nailed sexy, undone hair is no surprise. She *is* a Victoria’s Secret Angel, after all. We love how she took the look super casual with ripped jeans and cool sunnies. (Photo via @angelcandices)
2. Mandy Moore: This pop star has transformed her look from sugary sweet to seriously sophisticated. The funky, piece-y way she works her ombre locks is super fun. (Photo via @mandymooremm)
3. Chrissy Teigen: Although not perfectly done up, this model’s take on beach hair is polished and pretty enough to go from day to night. The subtle waves look killer with Teigen’s sun-kissed shade of blonde. (Photo via @chrissyteigen)
4. Jourdan Dunn: Who says mermaid hair has to stay on the beach? When paired with a boho frock and smoldering eye makeup, Dunn’s ‘do effortlessly moves the look from the shore to the city. (Photo via @officialjdunn)
5. Alexa Chung: Can this girl ever make a style error? We can’t wait to copy her messy waves for a simple yet stylish weekend hair look. (Photo via @chungalexa)
6. Shay Mitchell: This look is proof that beach hair doesn’t always mean sloppy. A structured bag and pretty floral dress make it meeting-appropriate. (Photo via @shaym)
7. Sophia Bush: Here’s a summery way to put a new spin on last season’s lob. Scrunch up locks and spritz a little sea spray to take the look to a whole new level. (Photo via @sophiabush)
8. Minka Kelly: Don’t be afraid to play around with volume. We love the way Kelly’s curls are big and bouncy, giving the style an old-fashioned slant. (Photo via @minkak)
9. Whitney Port: With beach waves this good, we can definitely tell Port’s a California girl at heart. Copy the look by flat-ironing curls to create sweet, soft ripples. (Photo via @whitneyeveport)
10. Gigi Hadid: Off-duty supermodels are the coolest. This wild, sexy style will make you want to ditch polished looks for good. (Photo via @gigihadid)
12. Vanessa Hudgens: Our inner Ariel is totally inspired by VH’s enviable length and wind-swept waves. (Photo via @vanessahudgens)
13. Ashley Benson: A basic blowout looks super chic when styled with the slightest wave. This is the perfect look to rock for a late summer date night. (Photo via @itsashbenzo)
14. Hilary Duff: To copy this look, style wet hair in two braids and unravel when dry. Finish with a texturing spray. (Photo via @hilaryduff)
15. Jenna Dewan: Shorter styles look smokin’ after a day at the beach. Score a volumious ‘do like Dewan’s with a boosting mousse. (Photo via @jennaldewan)
17. Khloe Kardashian: Take beach locks into night with a bold lip, sexy dress and smoldering make-up. (Photo via @jenatkinhair)
Which celeb look deserves your double-tap this week? Spill your favorite beachy hair look in the comments!