12 Celebrity Couples That Are Still Going Strong After Five Years
Five years ago, Real Housewives mega-fans probably wouldn’t have guessed that Atlanta’s Kim Zolciak would not only be married — and NOT to Big Poppa — but also raising six (SIX!) kids.
Yet, that’s exactly what happened when she met Buffalo Bills NFL player Kroy Biermann at a charity event. The couple just recently celebrated their fifth wedding anniversary a tad bit ahead of schedule, and let’s just say Kroy didn’t slouch in the gift department — just check out the Forevermark rock of a wedding band he purchased for his lady love to mark the occasion!
Featuring 11 diamonds for their November 11 anniversary date, the ring is truly a stunner — but so is Kim and Kroy’s love. Read on to see 12 other celebrity couples that have made it past the five-year mark and how they rang in their special day.
1. Carrie Underwood and Mike Fischer: Much like Kim, Carrie found love with a pro athlete: Her husband Mike Fisher is a member of the Nashville Predators. The two were set up by Carrie’s bass player, Mike Childers, six years ago last June and the rest, as they say, is history. The parents of one-year-old Isaiah Michael took some time out from their insane schedules and parenting duties to enjoy each other’s company for their anniversary with a much-needed vacay in Cabo San Lucas. “Six years ago today, I said ‘I do’ to this handsome fella,” Carrie captioned a photo of the two. “I meant it then and I mean it now. God put us together and continues to bless our marriage. I couldn’t imagine life without you @mfisher1212. I am thankful for these past six years together (and, of course, for our beautiful son Isaiah), and I look forward to spending the rest of our lives in love.” (Photo via Mike Coppola/Getty)
2. Emily Blunt and John Krasinski: John has described meeting Emily Blunt as something a lot like love at first sight. Now they’ve been together for six years, and these two lovebirds celebrated their union in a completely different way than Carrie and Mike: with a new family member! Emily gave birth to their second child just weeks before the duo embarked on their sixth year of marriage, making them a family of four. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
3. Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady: These two have been plenty open about the fact that their marriage hasn’t always been sunshine and roses, even sparking divorce talk at one point. Gisele admitted in an interview with Charlie Rose, “I think we’ve been through some tough times together,” but they seem to have weathered their storms and come out stronger than ever, at least if this seven-year anniversary post is any proof. “Happy 7 anniversary my love! Thank you for always being by my side. I love you!” Gisele wrote. (Photo via Mike Coppola/Getty)
4. Kendra Wilkinson and Hank Baskett: Similar to Gisele and Tom, Kendra and Hank have been through the ringer together — rumors even swirled at one point that Hank had been cheating on his pregnant wife. With a little help from Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars, the couple patched things up, as made evident by Kendra’s reflective post about their journey for her 7th anniversary tribute to her husband. “On our anniversary today, I’m just thinking how far we’ve come. I remember playing a love trivia game at a lover’s resort in the Poconos and they asked, ‘How long have you been married?’ Everyone was like, ’30 years’ and they look at us and we laughed so hard and yelled ‘seven months!’ Now it’s seven years, just like that. We’ve been through ups and downs but getting through those downs and surviving them the way we did is rare these days. Our ups I can say is our strength. We are always up. LOL. I’m so proud of us and what we stand for. Our kids will believe in love and forgiveness because of us showing them it’s possible. I love you @hank_baskett forever and ever amen…Happy 7 year anniversary.” Hank responded in kind with a similarly sweet and reflective message, along with a darling photo montage of the two in some of their peak moments. (Photo via Jonathan Liebson/Getty)
5. Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Tatum: Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Tatum are crazy in love, and they don’t care WHO knows it: The mush factor between these two is, and pretty much always has been, off the charts. Needless to say, their 7th wedding anniversary was no exception: Posting online love notes to one another, the pair had us feeling warm and fuzzy all over. They also gave a nod to their 10-year Step Up anniversary — the film that launched both their careers AND their love (they of course met on set) — by recreating their favorite dance scene just a few weeks later. (Photo via Angela Weiss/Getty)
5. Ellen Degeneres and Portia de Rossi: Though Ellen and Portia have been together since 2004, putting them at 12 years together, they’ve been married for eight — a right the pair invoked shortly after the ban on same sex marriages was overturned in California. Ellen took time out to recognize her legal union via Twitter, keeping things short and (really) sweet with the one-liner, “Best thing I ever did.” The two then appeared to head (hand-in-hand) to see Finding Dory. Awwww! (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
7. Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban: Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman may have been apart for part of their big 10th anniversary, with Nicole in Australia filming and Keith in Boston singing, but Keith made sure it was an extra special one, dedicating an entire segment of his show to his wife and flying all the way to Australia thereafter just to be with her. And just in case you needed any more proof that the flame’s still going strong after all these years, there’s this absolutely adorable video of the two singing Keith’s song “The Fighter” to one another in the car. Wait a minute — are these newlyweds or a couple of 10 years? Sheesh! (Photo via Rick Diamond/Getty)
8. Pink and Carey Hart: As another couple who has worked hard to get to the sweet spot they seem to be in today, P!nk and Carey even separated for a while, a fact that was immortalized in her hit single, “So What,” but they managed to work out their differences, going on to start a family with daughter Willow Sage. Their 10 year anniversary saw the trio cuddled up together, with Carey posting a sweet snap that read, “Happy anniversary to my MUCH better half. 10 years is an amazing milestone for two misfits like us. I’m proud of us baby!!! Thank you for being an amazing wife, mother, and friend. I love you.” (Photo via Rob Kim/Getty)
9. Sarah Michelle Gellarand Freddie Prinze Jr.: As ‘90s royalty, these two were a match made in nostalgic heaven — don’t believe us? Just soak in the fact that Buffy the Vampire Slayer was filmed at the EXACT SAME SCHOOL as She’s All That. Coincidence? We think not. Now, in 2016, SMG and Freddie just celebrated their 14th anniversary, with Sarah taking to Instagram to write a special message to her real life prince: “@realfreddieprinze, you stole my heart, so I got my revenge and took your last name!” A pretty decent tactic, SMG: It landed you one of the most covetable marriages in Hollywood, so you must be on the right track. (Photo via Kevin Winter/Getty)
10. Victoria and David Beckham: Victoria and David Beckham are still wearing their crowns as England’s long-reigning power couple after 17 years, and it’s no big surprise — at least not to David. The soccer star reportedly told The Sun that, though they were introduced at a charity event, David had designs on Posh some time after seeing her in the “Say You’ll Be There” video. “That’s the girl for me and I’m going to get her!” he said. “She’s my idea of perfection. I know that if she wanted me, we would be together forever.” So far, so good: The pair both took to Instagram for their 17th anniversary to post complimentary wedding pics with one another, along with sweet words of love and gratitude. #Relationshipgoals. (Photo via Anthony Harvey/Getty)
11. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith: Together for nearly 20 years (18, to be exact), Jada met Will when she auditioned to be his girlfriend on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: She didn’t get the part, but she DID walk away with something even better: Will’s heart. Haters have tried to tear the couple down with rumors of divorce recently, but it simply isn’t true: Jada was on her man’s arm just days after their big anniversary, cheering Will on as he presented his Concussion character’s namesake, Dr. Bennet Omalu, with an award. (Photo via Jason Kempin/Getty)
12. Tim McGraw and Faith Hill: With nearly three years on V and Becks, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill all but blow the longest relationship contest out of the water. Their upcoming 20th anniversary is in October, and the country crooners reportedly plan to celebrate in a BIG way: by adopting a baby boy! Congratulations, you two! Your love is truly inspiring. (Photo via Cindy Ord/Getty)
Which long-lasting celeb couple do you think is the cutest? Share with us over @BritandCo!
(h/t ET, photos via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)