The 14 Haute-est Moments in Celebrity Hair This Week
There was something in the air (those potent supermoon vibes, perhaps?) that had celebs acting extra kooky this week. We saw the truly unexpected happen — like Tay Tay’s musical collab with Drake, for example — and suffered shocking losses, like the death of the Ryan Gosling “Hey Girl” meme. Thankfully, those aberrant moon vibes did only good things to our tresses, as seen in the ultra-creative, cosmically inclined celebrity ‘dos that graced our Instagram feeds for the past seven days. Here are the top 14 moments in celeb hair this week — prepare to be wowed by the glam factor.
1. Ariana Grande: Surprise! Ariana Grande went blonde — and dared to change up her ever-present high pony to boot. The risk was totally worth it, because we really like what we see: From the platinum blonde strands in her half-up hairdo to the topknot style bun perched high up on the singer’s freshly bleached head, it just works.
2. Shay Mitchell: Shay looks smoking hot with her long, brunette locks in an unstyled down ‘do. Her pretty-meets-messy hair gives her ’90s-inspired outfit the ultimate #tbt treatment, throwing a little grunge-tastic infusion into the mix. The end result? A head-to-toe look that we totally dig.
3. Chanel Iman: There are literally no words for the pure magic that is Chanel Iman this week. Her ultra-glam hair features a deep side part and long, loosely curled strands. All we can say is this luxe-AF formal style undoubtedly reigned on the red carpet.
4. Kendall Jenner: Haute, haute — so much haute-ness, it’s out of control! Kendall Jenner might’ve decided to “detox” from social media, but here she is looking fresh-faced and fabulous in her center-parted lob with all the cool-girl vibes to go with it.
5. Karlie Kloss: Karlie’s looking 19th-century chic in a full-on ballgown and a tightly braided bun that is the ultimate throwback. The timeless beauty of this style makes Karlie a shoe-in for belle of the ball.
6. Jamie Chung: Keeping things totally casual, Jamie is the very picture of to-die-for fall fashion. While her sun-kissed locks glow with a bronde ombre, she keeps her look firmly planted in cool-weather territory thanks to her hipster-friendly black beanie.
7. Jourdan Dunn: Everything about Jourdan’s look here is long and beautiful. She completes the style with a trendy formal jumpsuit and layered strands featuring a simple center part and some soft feminine waves FTW. We’re totally style crushing on her entire look RN.
8. Jaime King: Jaime got adventurous with her signature flaxen hair as she rocked an ultra-trendy long braid (a la Beyoncé). The fashion-forward starlet always has impeccable style, but we have to give her extra cred for the hairstyle changeup she bestowed on us this week.
9. Padma Lakshmi: Hmm… what do we like more? Between those scrumptious-looking sugar cookies and Padma’s thick, shiny mane of bob-length curls, it’s hard to choose. But we think her envy-inducing ‘do takes the prize every time.
10. Britney Spears: Guys, Britney has never looked better. This week she got dolled up to the max, with her signature platinum blonde hair in a tousled updo. We’re lookin’, and we’re likin’ — it never gets old seeing Britney doing so well.
11. Miranda Kerr: Miranda Kerr’s blunt A-line cut, in all its windblown glory, just brought some new edge to her red-hot beauty game. Her newly shorn hair shows off a killer jawline we never even knew existed on the doe-eyed VS Angel.
12. Lady Gaga: The mega-successful pop star-turned–award-winning actress is shown here like we’ve never seen her before. Hot on the tails of her new album, Joanne, Gaga shows off her icy blonde hair and dark roots that bring a rebellious spirit to the celeb hair game.
13. Paris Hilton: Remember when Paris wore uber long platinum extensions in a stick-straight down ‘do in EVERY photo? Welp, the heiress has upgraded her style, as seen here in long casual waves and an outfit that’s almost uncharacteristically mature. That’s hot.
14. Reese Witherspoon: We’ll keep it short and sweet, just like Hollywood’s beloved rom-com icon. The blondie has mastered a look that blends Hollywood leading-lady glam with the down-home charm of her Southern roots for an overall style that has us hooked.
Which of these looks was your favorite this week? Let us know on Pinterest!