It goes like this: You’re having a bad hair day, so you reach for your old baseball cap with some kitschy logo on it, maybe your college sports team you never followed? Or a destination-specific montage from your last road trip? Well we think you’re due for an upgrade, not just in terms of style, but also of hatitude. Your locks don’t have to be busted to justify wearing a ballcap, girl! Trust us: It’s cool to go super casual, especially since athletic-inspired style is so in this spring. These 17 sporty chic styles show how to rock it right.
1. Friendship Bracelet Baseball Hat ($23): So if two of our all-time favorite things — studs and friendship bracelets — join forces to deck out a riding-style baseball cap, then maybe the universe is trying to tell us something?
2. Kate Spade Saturday Seamed Cap in Madras ($35): The chipper Madras pattern seals the deal: This is a baseball cap made for spring.
3. Gilded Ballpark Cap ($178): A bejeweled baseball cap? Sign us up! Bling cascades down the front of this cream-colored cap in the form of gold studs, rhinestones and textured beads.
4. Baseball Cap in Liberty Nina Taylor Floral ($48): This isn’t just our favorite floral-printed cap, this might be our favorite floral print so far this season. Period. The teal-coral-navy color combo looks super clean against white canvas.
5. Crazy Hearts 5-Panel Hat ($9): We heart this punchy graphic hat, not to mention that bright pop of color on the reverse brim. What a cool surprise!
6. Cool Girl Geo Baseball Cap ($9): Flower print is too girly, geo print is too harsh, but somehow together, they’re just right. Well, Goldilocks, your pattern-clashing dreams have been answered.
7. Shourouk Hindi Laminated Raffia Baseball Hat ($728): As if a metallic baseball cap wasn’t eye-catching enough, this number includes the most perfectly color blocked rhinestone pendant we’ve ever laid eyes on. Swoon!
8. Mossimo Supply Co. Polka Dot Baseball Hat ($11): Keep the prepster vibe alive with this polka dot baseball hat. Rock with a light chambray shirt and a red lip to take the look to the max.
9. Lace Overlay Women’s Hat ($10): Okay, you know this shade of mint drew us in, and we stayed ‘cause we started crushing hard on that cute lace panel. It’s a girly girl’s bad hair day dream come true.
11. Akomlice Red Ocean Camper Hat ($36): Is it an electric sunset? Neon tie dye? Whatever the print is on this hot pink hat, we totally approve.
12. Yellow Jacquard Cap ($32): Hey there cool ikat! Who knew all it took to turn tribal print totally pretty was to use a pastel color palette?
13. Safari Ballcap ($139): High style risk takers — this is the sporty cap for you: A safari-inspired ballcap that’s actually way posh. We’re kind of surprised we didn’t see this whimsical number in the new Wes Anderson-inspired fashion line.
14. Eugenia Kim Darien Plaid Baseball Cap ($210): Leather accents seem to have quite the hold on trends of all kinds, and we’re happy that it’s made the crossover into cap territory, too. The leather brim here adds a cool contrast to the preppy pastel plaid.
16. Kenzo New Era Back Fitted Hat ($70): Sure, graffiti chic can be a thing, and this hat is what we’re using to set the standard.
17. Xhilaration Multicolored Baseball Hat ($11): Say so long to slogans on trucker hats, and give a warm welcome to the tribal pattern panel. We love the way the stripes of colors pop over the dark denim brim.
BONUS Real Talk Baseball Hat ($11): And now our obsession with all things social media has jumped off of the screen and onto our must-have spring trends list. #realtalk
Do you wear sporty-style caps on the regular? Only when you’re running errands? Or just exclusively at the gym? Could you see yourself rocking any of these styles? Tell us in the comments below.