Come February 14, there are two things you can be sure of: plenty of hearts and lots of chocolate. While we love a piece of the sweet stuff, we’re also loving that you don’t have to count the calories because chocolate beauty products are here to satisfy your cravings (well, almost). What’s more, thanks to the flavinoids, they can do great things for your skin, like moisturizing and providing a dose of antioxidants to protect against free radicals. Whether you’re celebrating one-on-one or having a Galentine’s night in, we’ve rounded up the most delectable skincare, makeup, and body treatments to make your V-Day even sweeter.
1. Hard Candy Fox In A Box Baked Powder Bronzer ($7): When you’re jonesing for the sweet stuff, dust on this cocoa bronzing powder across your cheeks and down the front of your nose. The rich, chocolatey aroma will satisfy even the deepest cravings, and give you a glow to boot.
2. Miss Spa Chocolate Self-Heating Clay Mask ($4): Heat up a girls’ night in gathering by handing out this cocoa-laced mask. The cacao powder, which dries to a clay-like consistency, delivers fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamins that calm and soothe winter-weary skin.
3. Farmhouse Fresh Sundae Best Chocolate Softening Mask with CoQ10 ($23): This pudding-like mask looks so creamy and delicious, we have to stop ourselves from devouring it. But if we did that, then we’d be losing all the good skin benefits, such as a softer, smoother complexion and radiant look. The 98 percent natural formula has royal jelly extract and powerful enzymes to refresh skin and boost firmness.
4. Brubaker Chocolate Love Bath Melts Gift Set ($18): Traded candy for clean eating? Luckily you can still use these bath melts, which are handmade in Europe and come in a gift box that looks like the real deal, guilt-free. Drop one in warm water and cocoa and shea butters will fill your tub with moisturizing oils and a lush chocolate scent, just the thing for a Valentine’s night in.
5. Bath & Body Works Pumpkin Cupcake Cocoa Body Scrub ($8): This non-greasy exfoliating treatment has pure cocoa powder in it, as well as jojoba oil and shea butter to smooth and soothe skin. The sweet aroma blends orange zest, sweet apple, and toasted pecan, making this an irresistibly rich shower-time treat.
6. Perricone MD Cocoa Moisture Mask ($69): This mask, enriched with cocoa microcapsules that turn from white to dark brown after you apply it, gives your face all the goodness of chocolate. The cocoa extract and firming DMAE ingredients both fortify skin with moisture while you relax and take in the heady dessert scent.
7. Fresh Cocoa Body Exfoliant ($45): If you’re a true chocolate lover, slather on this smoothing scrub during your next shower. It has actual crushed coconut and cocoa shells in it, as well as nourishing cocoa butter, cocoa extract, and coconut oil all blended into a luxe, velvety concoction that not only smells like your favorite treat but also gives your skin a yummy glow.
8. Too Faced Chocolate Gold Eyeshadow Palette ($49): The metallic shades in this gold-tinged shadow set give you a glam look for a hot night out while simultaneously delivering your chocolate fix. Each hue is infused with skin-loving cocoa powder for a velvety soft feel and look, and the whole thing smells like a decadent box of truffles.
9. Lush I’m Home Perfume ($50): Instead of reaching for the candy box, spritz on this dessert-scented perfume. The intoxicating, warm blend of vanilla, dark chocolate, and burnt caramel brings a lush, delectable aroma that quells those confection cravings.
10. Shea Terra Chocolate and Rose Hips Beauty Masque With Anti-Oxidant Power ($24): The power of antioxidants is harnessed in this skin-soothing mask, which helps to repair cells and condition dry skin. You’ll feel like you’re in a spa when you’re massaging it in, since the pure chocolate liquor mixed with rose hips makes for a truly delish experience.
Follow us on Pinterest for more V-Day beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.