Creating more storage and hacking more counter space in your small kitchen can be tricky and expensive. A kitchen renovation is serious business, and if you’re currently renting a space, it’s next to impossible. Enter these chopping block DIYs — make something from scratch or even take some old bedroom furniture for a completely transformed piece.
1. Filing Cabinet DIY: Dressers don’t get to have all the fun being made over — turn an old standard office cabinet into more counter space and storage in your kitchen. (via Curbly)
2. Dresser Turned Kitchen Island DIY: Here’s that IKEA dresser transformation you’ve been craving: Gold details, leather pulls… it’s pretty much what dreams are made of. (via Emily Henderson)
3. Kitchen Island DIY: This reworked piece looks right at home in a bright kitchen. It’s perfect for anyone who has tools on hand. (via Cherished Bliss)
4. Six-Drawer Dresser-Turned-Kitchen Island DIY: This six drawer-dresser received the Cinderella treatment, and would be such a cool addition to any kitchen needing some extra storage and counter room. You’ll love being able to roll it to wherever it’s needed. (via Yellow Brick Home)
5. IKEA Kitchen Hack: Marble, brass accents, open shelving: This is one seriously covetable IKEA hack. (via Oliver & Rust)
6. Wine Crate Door Fronts DIY: Turn those wine crates and an old neglected piece into more space for what’s really important in life: more wine. (via Hunted Interior)
7. Kitchen Island DIY: With all of this storage for your pots and pans, you’ll finally be able to make it through all those recipes you’ve bookmarked. (via Osie Moats)
8. Butcher Block Kitchen Island: It’s hard to believe this gorgeous piece is a DIY! Use it for a kitchen island, extra storage or a much-needed coffee bar. (via Ana White)
Love these kitchen DIYs? Follow us on Pinterest for more DIY projects.