Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth With 14 Choux Pastry Recipes
Who knew you could enjoy cabbage for dessert? Okay, so we’re kind of going to extremes here, because the only thing pâte à choux pastry dough has in common with the veggie is that it was named after it. For the unfamiliar, this amazingly versatile stuff is the base of a whole bunch of different bakery treats, from eclairs to profiteroles to cream puffs and gougères. Bolstered by these 14 choux pastry recipes, you’ll be whipping up batch after batch of sweet and savory goodies in no time at all.
3. Orange and Basil Infused Caramelia Eclair: Your standard eclair shell gets an extra dose of crispiness and flavor from a crumbly almond crust. Oh yeah, and those are truffles on top. #swoon (via The Moonblush Baker)
4. Cardamom Puffs With White Chocolate Whipped Cream and Berries: Lemony cardamom is a terrific pairing for blueberries and whipped white chocolate ganache inside of sugar-sprinkled pastry shells. (via Carrot or Cake)
8. Nutella Cream Puffs: There is a ton of Nutella action going on in each and every one of these profiteroles. Fluffy Nutella whipped cream is stuffed inside, while melted Nutella and chopped hazelnuts crown the top. (via A Little Claireification)
10. Mini Churros (Gluten-free): Now you can enjoy churros outside of the carnival. It takes no time at all to whip up a batch of these cinnamon and sugar-dusted strips of fried dough served with chili chocolate sauce. (via Wholesome Cook)
11. Chocolate Eclairs: You’ll want to have this simplified classic in your pastry recipe toolkit. (via Flour and Aprons)
12. Pumpkin Custard Profiteroles (Gluten-free): Finished with a maple caramel drizzle and maple-sugared walnuts, these are a terrific bite-sized alternative to pumpkin pie. (via A Sage Amalgam)
Have you ever made anything with choux pastry at home? Let’s talk about our favorite treats made with this dough in the comments!