Prepare to drool: We made the first recipe from Chrissy Teigen’s sequel cookbook Cravings 2, a tropical Thai fruit salad with a sweet coconut milk dressing that honestly passes for dessert. While we don’t know of a release date for the new cookbook *yet,* Teigen did tell us it will contain lots of coconut-milk-saturated recipes and more “vegan-ish” recipes than her pork-filled Cravings cookbook.
The tart, astringent pineapple, mango, and papaya are mellowed out by the sweet, creamy coconut milk and syrup-drenched lychees. Plus, the toasted coconut sticks to the fruit, giving it an almost fried quality so you really feel like you’re indulging. It’s an unexpected combo you’ll want to recreate with all of your fave fruits, particularly berries and watermelon.
Chrissy TEIGEN’s Fruit Salad With Coconut-Lime Dressing RECIPE
From Cravings 2 by Chrissy Teigen
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup coconut milk, like Vita Coco Original Coconutmilk
- 4 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- zest of one lime
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups mixed fruit (any combination of large chunks of pineapple, mango, and papaya and halved canned lychees)
- Place the coconut in a small, heavy skillet and toast, stirring over medium heat until golden and fragrant, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, brown sugar, lime juice and zest, and salt.
- Arrange the fruit on a serving platter, drizzle with the coconut dressing, and top with the shredded coconut.
For more celeb news updates in real time, check out Brit + Co on Facebook.
(Photos via Brittany Griffin / Brit + Co)