12 Easy Christmas Tree-Inspired DIY Projects
With the holidays right around the corner, we know you’ve got a to-do list chock full of gifts to buy, presents to wrap and cookies to bake. If holiday decorating is the last thing on your list, we’re here to help. In between the marathon baking sessions and last-minute online shopping sprees, we’ve got 12 quick and easy Christmas tree-inspired projects that you can finish in just one afternoon.
2. Marzipan Tree Cake: You’re only three ingredients away from the cake decoration that everyone will be oohing and ahhing over at the next holiday party. And the best part? You can make it several days in advance, so there’s no last-minute scramble. (via Oh Happy Day)
3. Festive String Wall Art: Does your living room need a few more decorations before the big day, but you aren’t feeling the typical red and green overload? These easy string art pieces are the perfect way to fill your home with just the right amount of holiday cheer. (via The Pretty Blog)
4. Handmade Bottle Brush Trees: Bottle Brush trees can be expensive and hard to find — but not anymore. Whip up a batch in any color and they’ll easily become your new favorite decoration. (via Just Something I Made)
5. Mini Snow Globe Ornament: Bottle brush trees and plastic old-fashioned ornaments make for a quick, easy and nostalgia-inducing project. Hang them on the tree, use them as place settings or string them up for the cutest garland in town. (via No Biggie)
7. Stacked Paper Trees: Circles of recycled paper are folded and stacked to create a super simple but still really impressive display. Dress up your mantel or your dinner table with these festive trees. (via Martha Stewart)
9. Holiday Tree Lights: Made with modeling clay or air-dry porcelain, these light covers are so adorable, you won’t want to put them away after Christmas… and since they aren’t overly festive, you won’t have to. (via A Beautiful Mess)
Are any of these projects topping your list this year? Let us know below!