14 Classy Ways to Show Off Your Bralette
Extra, extra! The dog days of summer are not only known to bring the heat, but they’re also grounds for giving your end-of-season wardrobe the much-needed reboot it deserves. By now you’ve exhausted your rotation of lightweight dresses and itty-bitty crop tops, but aren’t quite ready to hang up your hot-weather threads just yet. (Ahem, fancy bralette tops that are too cute not to show off when it’s hot AF.) The key here is finding ways to shed the layers without showing off more than you bargained for — we’re not going to go all fashion police on you, but don’t be that girl. Scroll on to see how these 14 Instababes are making a serious case for letting your summer bralette peek out… even if it’s just a smidge.
1. Man-Repelling Add-Ons: While Leandra Medine can obvi pull off anything (she’s the Man Repeller, after all!), we’re very partial to her tourist-meets-islander-inspired lewk. Maybe it’s her metallic gold bralette or perhaps it’s the high-waisted lavender trousers and fruity embroidered button-down that’s making us want to play hooky on a Monday.
2. Color Co-ord: Does this Instababe look haute in her steamy tomato red co-ord or what? Take on the next heat wave like a BOSS by following in suit — just add mirrored sunnies and espadrille flatforms for rooftop sips in the city.
3. Sir Mix-a-Lot: A crash course in print-mixing, right this way. The key here is to stick to a color scheme (ALL blues) when determining whether your polka dot bralette is a match for your borrowed-from-the-boys striped button-down and railroad-striped pencil skirt. Bright add-ons in the form of teal tassel earrings and a hot pink purse don’t hurt either.
4. Just a Peek: A heat index of 90+? Girlll, please. Find yo’self a denim dress that’s as fuss-free as it is comfortable, and toss it over a bralette for a beach-to-boardwalk vibe. Throw in some cool kicks and modern hoops for instant Bronx swagger.
5. A Lesson in Normcore: We’re all normcore aficionados at heart here. Minimalist enthusiasts, take it from Reese Blutstein: Nothing says athluxury like a khaki suit combo teamed with an everyday jersey pull-over bralette.
6. French Girl Vibes: Oui oui! Take creative direction from the Parisian crowd with this impeccably styled getup that gives off a certain je ne sais quois quality. Let the lace edge of your everyday bralette peek out from a simple white tank, and accessorize with a bandana print ascot scarf for good measure. Fin.
7. Beetlejuice Stripes: What to wear for an end-of-summer pool party? Ashley Madekwe’s got the right idea with her sporty white bralette, retro oval sunnies, and Beetlejuice (now say it three times fast!) striped trousers.
8. One Bralette for Beach Week: BRB, signing off until further notice. We 10/10 recommend adopting a beach day uniform consisting of a strapless tropical bandeau top and denim cutoffs. Fly shades and a colorful pom-pom-strewn tote are worthy companions too.
9. When in Italia: When life serves you lemons, live it up with a playful co-ord consisting of a tie-front bralette and trend-right ruffle hem skirt. This stylish duo takes on a weekend in Sorrento, Italy by doing just that.
10. Shirtdress Subtlety: Keep it under wraps… or don’t. As snapped by The Sartorialist, this street maven leaves just the right amount to the imagination with her unbuttoned military-inspired wrap dress and scalloped bralette.
11. With a Chic Beach Cover-Up: Jenny Walton is the real style MVP with her makeshift bikini-cover-up (any ol’ maxi dress will do) that looks utterly groundbreaking with a berry-hued bralette and oversized straw tote.
12. Festival Season-Ready: Denim days are here, and you’ve got Chiara Ferragni to thank for that. Before trekking out to the fairgrounds, you won’t want to be armed without a sexy noir lace bralette that reads tough-girl-in-training when offset with a denim jacket and laid-back joggers.
13. Summer Whites: One last getaway to Ibiza (or some other exotic locale) could prove to be the perfect opportunity to whip out your ivory crochet bralette alongside silky pajama-style bottoms for a leisurely morning in paradise.
14. The LA Way: While you probs wouldn’t rock a lace bralette to the grocery store in your humble hometown, in LA it’s totally kosher to toss it on alongside striped tie-waist bottoms and roll on out. But NOT until you snap a pic in front of #thatpinkdoor.
How do you keep cool (and look good) in the hot summer heat? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.