Don’t tell a die-hard coffee addict, but java isn’t the only beverage to drink to kick off your day. You may prefer a hot cup of Earl Grey to go with your scone or golden milk to accompany your oats. Here, 10 coffee-free lattes to sip on in the morning (and beyond).
1. Medjool Date Turmeric Latte: When your morning cuppa can reduce inflammation, ward off sickness, and fight free radicals, it makes it hard to go back to coffee. This date-sweetened golden milk will do all of those things and more before you even get to work. (via Fit Mitten Kitchen)
2. Activated Charcoal Latte: You’ve seen people brush their teeth with charcoal, use it as a face mask, and even clean the house, but now you can sip it every morning. A tiny spoonful of activated charcoal is enough to keep your body detoxed and in a balanced state. (via Mindful Avocado)
3. Rose and Earl Grey Tea Latte: Is there anything more English than a latte made with Earl Grey and rose petals? Invite your girlfriends over for a high tea party and these drinks will make a splash. (via Honestly Yum)
4. Creamy Chai Tea Latte: Cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper, vanilla, and nutmeg make this homemade chai latte a cold weather dream. (via Casey Jade)
5. Vegan Pumpkin Spice Matcha Latte: Just because you’re not a coffee fan doesn’t mean you can’t have a pumpkin spice latte. This matcha version will give you that quick burst of energy when you need it, but you can still be basic like your buds. (via Simply Quinoa)
6. Unicorn Latte: Since the unicorn trend doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon, you might as well jump out of bed with a fun blue latte. Edible flowers are optional but suggested for optimal happiness. (via New York Times)
7. Pink Beet Latte: How could you turn down something so vibrant? Prep your beets at the beginning of the week and this pink latte will take you only a few minutes to whip up before work. (via What Great Grandma Ate)
8. Superfood Maca Latte: Maca is a superfood said to have hormone-balancing properties that could help with PMS and fertility. The powder has a malt-like flavor that’s perfect when sweetened and combined with steamed milk for your daily latte. (via Catching Seeds)
9. Raw Cacao and Gogi Berry Latte: This latte may sound like it’s too healthy to be good, but it’s basically a sneaky hot chocolate. Feel free to add an extra date or two if you want it sweeter. (via The First Mess)
10. Iced Hibiscus Latte: Say goodbye to your daily pink drink order from Starbucks. This iced hibiscus concoction will give you the refreshing morning boost you desire, but with an extra five bucks in your pocket. (via The Merry Thought)
Follow us on Pinterest for more fun morning recipes!