Sweet! Color Block Sorbet Push Pops
We’ve been celebrating color-blockclothing, decor, and more all month long, and what better way to continue the party than with some push pops? If, like us, you grew up with Flinstones push pops, these fresh fruit sorbet treats will be a total upgrade. You can choose whatever mix of fruit you like. We wanted bright colors, so we chose to use kiwis, mangoes, raspberries, and blackberries. The ingredients are simple, and they are easy to make once you have a few pointers.
1 cup cubed mango
1 cup kiwi slices
1 cup raspberries
1 cup blackberries
2 cups simple syrup, divided
Push pop molds or regular Popsicle molds
1. Combine mango and 1/2 cup simple syrup in a blender, and purée until smooth. Pour into a plastic or glass container and chill for at least 30 minutes.
2. Repeat step one for each additional fruit. Strain the seeds from the blackberry and raspberry purée, if you prefer seedless sweets.
3. Place push pop molds in a holder or in tall drinking glasses.
4. Fill each mold 1/3 of the way full with one of the purées. (To prevent leakage, we recommend starting with either the mango or kiwi purée. They are thicker, and less likely to leak.)
5. Freeze the first layer until it is semi-solid, and the flavors won’t mix when you add the next layer.
6. Pour in the next flavor layer in each pop, and freeze again. Repeat until the molds are full. We chose to do three layers each, but you can vary the size and number of layers.
7. After the last layer, cap the pops and freeze them for at least four hours, and preferably overnight.
Just like making sorbet, mix the fresh (or frozen) fruit and simple syrup in your blender.
Once you’re done blending, pour the purée into another container to chill.
We’re loving the bright natural colors of these fruits!
Get your pop molds in the stand, and get ready to fill.
Through trial and error, we decided that kiwi and mango were the best choices for the bottom layer. They were thicker and provided a more solid base.
But, of course, we wanted to try all the different color-block patterns for our pops.
Let each layer freeze to a semi-solid before adding the next one. It should take anywhere from 3o minutes to an hour depending on how cold your freezer is.
The last layer is in!
Cap off the pops, and let them freeze until solid—at least four hours or overnight, if you can wait!
Clearly, we couldn’t!
What fruit flavor combos will you try? Tell us in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)