This Coloring Book Could Replace Your Weekly Yoga Classes
We’re all over adult coloring books — we simply adore Johanna Basford’s Secret Garden, and the gals behind Escape Artists make us want to break out the colored pencils on the reg. Now there’s a new one that gets right to the point. The aptly named Color Me Calm: 100 Coloring Templates for Meditation and Relaxation ($13), illustrated by Welsh artist Angela Porter, is perfect for all you yoga lovers.
The book is divided into six different sections, including the super-popular mandalas (a geometric pattern from Buddhist and Hindu traditions), water scenes, wooded scenes, geometric patterns, flora and fauna and natural patterns. The pages are as relaxing to color as meditation or yoga, some might say. Even just looking at what others have done (well done, you!), we already feel calmer! Check out some of the amazing coloring talent that lies out there on the Internet.
1. @rebeccabrayton: We love the shading! It’s already calming us, just looking at her handiwork.
2. @jjrichardson: The color choices are spot on here. Zen has overtaken us.
3. @alyciasquires: Meow, kitty, we like. We can’t wait to see how the finished product turns out.
4. @wardmic: This user says it only took them a week to finish — that’s a week of some serious colorful meditation!
5. @robyn_schaub: this might be our favorite print of them all — off to a great start.
Do you feel less anxious and more calm yet? Tell us if you’ve used this book in the comments!