‘Tis the season for entertaining and dinner parties galore. If you’re looking to DIY your way to the title of “hostess with the mostest,” you’ll need to start with our list of fall entertaining projects. With a little elbow grease and plenty of pumpkins, you’ll be ready for your next (or first) party of autumn. So dust off the glue gun, prep the dye, sort through your craft paper collection, and sharpen your scissors — it’s crafting time!
1. Painted Pinecone Table Runner: Pinecones aren’t just for Christmas! You can paint yours and create a monotone or pastel runner. They’ll look just as good around the house as they will on your fall tablescape. (via A Subtle Revelry)
2. Leaf Backdrop: You don’t need a photo booth or dance party setup for this ombre leaf backdrop. Use it as an accent wall in your kitchen or dining room. (via Oh Happy Day)
3. Gold and Neon No-Carve Pumpkins: These subtle gold and neon-painted pumpkins are a modern and trendy take on the traditional gourd. Put ’em on your sideboard or next to the main dish on your Thanksgiving table. (via For the Makers)
4. Fall Leaf Cake Topper: These beautiful cake toppers look gorgeous when placed together or individually on cupcakes. (via The House That Lars Built)
5. Ombre Paper Fall Wreaths: Wreaths can be pricey, especially at this time of year. Making your own with paper is not only budget-friendly but lets you mix and match with your existing decor in a hassle-free way. (via Damask Love)
6. Giant Paper Flowers: If you don’t have space for a backdrop, spice up any doorway or window frame with giant paper flowers. Use jewel tones to give ’em that moody floral vibe. (via Delia Creates)
7. Dip Dye Placemats: These are not your grandma’s placemats. Dip-dyed and brushed on, the varying hues will fit in with any decor scheme. Create a set for yourself or even try your hand at a table runner. (via Design*Sponge)
8. DIY Gold Barware Set: If this is your first season hosting events, chances are your barware sitch is pretty basic. Bring upscale glam to your glassware with this DIY. (via A Beautiful Mess)
9. Pumpkin Pie Garland: Show your love for pie season with a DIY pumpkin slice banner. You can hang it around your bar or on the wall. Just don’t forget the dollop of whipped cream! (via Say Yes)
10. No-Sew Braided Yarn Napkin Rings: We all have some yarn kicking around somewhere, and with this simple tutorial you can turn yours into tactile napkin rings. Dye them to match your linens or choose a contrasting shade for a bold look. (via Flax & Twine)
11. Color-Blocked Pumpkin Dishes: Color block those basic pumpkin dishes in vibrant shades and fill them with candy to use them for decorative dishes or party favors. (via A Kailo Chic)
Show us your bright and colorful fall DIY projects by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!