Fashion and beauty are all about balance. If you’re rocking an all black, neutral-hued outfit, why not brighten things up with punchy makeup? Take it from celebs like Mandy Moore, Emma Stone, and Lady Gaga — amping up the color when you’re wearing black is the perfect combo. Read on for eight celebs that nailed this trend.
1. Emily Ratajkowski: A crimson red eye look added major drama to Ratajkowski’s 2018 Golden Globes getup. (Photo via Lester Cohen/Getty)
2. Mandy Moore: That bright swipe of bubblegum-pink lipstick adds just the right amount of color (and boldness) to Moore’s 2017 Emmy Awards vibe. (Photo via Steve Granitz/Getty)
3. Kerry Washington: A pop of ultra violet, the Pantone Color of the Year, made Washington’s 2018 Golden Globes makeup trendy and fun. (Photo via George Pimentel/Getty)
4. Emma Roberts: Don’t underestimate the power of a red lipstick with a black dress. That and her gilded eye makeup made Roberts’ 2017 Academy Awards’ appearance major. (Photo via Kevin Mazur/Getty)
5. Lady Gaga: As expected, Gaga showed up to the 2017 Grammy Awards with creative and colorful eye makeup. The gleaming cranberry shade paired with the gold inner-eye highlight is daring. (Photo via Jon Kopaloff/Getty)
6. Zuri Hall: Hall’s 2018 Golden Globes eye makeup dazzled on the red carpet. The punchy pigments and shimmery style of the shadow were made for the spotlight. (Photo via Joe Scamici/Getty)
7. Emma Stone: Pink lips, rosy cheeks, and emerald green eye makeup added dimension to Stone’s look at the 2018 Golden Globes. Since she rocked three colors, wearing them in a muted manner was the way to go. (Photo via Steve Granitz/Getty)
8. Debra Messing: A shimmery, mossy hue on Messing’s eyes made a statement at the 2018 Golden Globes. The exaggerated, blurred-out cat-eye shape also added definite drama. (Photo via Jon Kopaloff/Getty)
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.