7 Super Common Hair Problems and the Products to Fix Them
If there’s one thing we can all agree on, it’s that nothing feels as good as a good hair day. But we know that when your locks are lackluster, it can totally change your mood. Fear not — no matter your styling woe, we’ve got a product to fix it. Practice your hair flip, because you’re gonna need it. Scroll down for seven problems we all face and the best picks to fix them.
For Parched and Brittle Strands
1. Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask ($6): This oldie-but-goodie packs a serious punch of hydration thanks to olive oil, sweet almond oil, and meadowfoam seed oil.
For Unruly Bangs
2. Bumble and Bumble Sumotech ($25): It’s not a wax, not a paste, and not a cream — but a combination of all three. This super-malleable mix will whip your bangs into shape so they stay in place without looking shellacked or falling flat.
For Limp Locks
3. Kristin Ess Instant Lift Volumizing Mousse ($14): Mousse has been making a comeback, and we’re here for it. This version is nothing like the tacky, sticky stuff you might remember from back in the day. Work a golf ball-sized amount into your roots for an insane bounce that’ll last all day long.
To Strengthen and Lengthen
4. ALTERNA Haircare Caviar Repair Lengthening Hair & Scalp Elixir ($38): Think of this serum as the secret sauce to growing out your hair. It helps strengthen and nourish strands with a proprietary blend of proteins and enzymes.
For Split Ends
5. Pureology Strength Cure Split End Salve Treatment ($10): If your split ends are starting to sprout their own split ends (don’t judge, we’ve all been there), then you need something heavy-duty. This stuff smoothes ’em so they’re less noticeable between trims.
For Dull, Lackluster Hair
6. Redken Shine Flash 02 ($20): This hairspray enriched with vitamin B5 and camelina oil gives hair an almost glass-like sheen.
To Beat BrassY Hair
7. Scruples Platinum Shine Brightening Shampoo ($13): Ladies with blonde or gray hair, this one goes out to you. We know that the biggest struggle between sessions is stamping out brassy orange hues or getting rid of yellow tints that plague your grays. But not all purple shampoos are made equally — this one contains chamomile extract and sea kelp extract for added shine. And it beats brass like a BOSS, obvi.
Looking for more hair must-haves? Follow us on Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.