Wrap it Up: 30 Cute Cookie Wrappers to Buy or DIY
What’s the secret to gifting a batch of baked goods? It’s simple really: pretty presentation. Food gifts are always a favorite, and beautiful packaging makes them so fun! You don’t have to be a master baker to invent a thoughtful food gift. (If the packaging is creative, who will even notice if the cookies aren’t homemade!?) We’ve made it easy for you to amp up your cookie-gifting game with these 30 cute cookie-wrapping ideas.
1. White Gable Boxes ($16 for 8): A simple white bakery box transforms into a glamorous gift with the addition of a ribbon and a personalized gift tag. So cute!
2. Paper Plate Baskets: Food-safe dye transforms ordinary paper plates into stylish storage. (We don’t know about you, but we’re conjuring up a billion uses for these brilliant baskets!) (via Design Mom)
3. Striped Bakery Boxes: Show up with this bakery box in hand and everyone will definitely be intrigued. Delivering the box is almost as fun as eating the cookies inside!
4. Glass Mason Jars: Display your unmistakably delicious goods proudly — in a shiny glass jar. We recommend stacking the cookies between layers of wax paper to ensure that they don’t stick together. (via Made From Scratch)
5. Chevron Mini Gable Box ($2): Gift your goods in style! Gable boxes are all the rage at the moment.
7. Free DIY Cookie Bag Printable: We’re excited about these cookie wrappers that aren’t only cute, but are also free printables! Wrap your cookie in cling wrap first to keep it extra fresh. (via Love from Ginger)
8. Birch Log Pringles Canister: Don’t toss that Pringles can just yet! Printable birch log paper can transform a canister into a cozy container for your edibles. Totally cute! (via Sense and Simplicity)
10. Paper Bag Cookie Packaging: Brown paper packages tied up with string — add this to our list of favorite things! While this DIY is actually in German, the photo tutorial is easy to follow. (via Tabula Rosi)
13. DIY Folded Paper Cookie Gift Box: Emerge from your kitchen with something totally stellar. And shareable. Because you want to share… at least, you’ll want to share when the cookie box looks this impressive. (via It’s Always Autumn)
14. Cellophane and Fabric Bow Cookie Packaging: Your cookies have baked up beautifully. They deserve an equally stunning presentation. May we suggest a bit of cellophane with fabric bows? It’s simple, but totally sweet. (via Heather Bullard)
15. One Smart Cookie Packaging: Use a free printable to make a smart cookie wrap and prove your cleverness to teacher — er, make your teacher feel smarter. Wait… what? This giftable makes everyone look smart ;) (via One Charming Party)
16. DIY Paper Bow Cookie Wrap: Just in time for spring, a colorful bow blooms to adorn your cookie wrap. This bundle can also make a beautiful edible place card for a spring table. (via The Elli Blog)
18. Recycled Egg Carton Cookie Packaging: It doesn’t get much more inexpensive than an egg carton! It makes the perfect cookie cradle for small bites. Jazz it up a bit with some cellophane — and ribbon. Just genius! (Note: If you’re worried about reusing egg cartons, you can purchase new ones quite inexpensively online.) (via My Recipes)
19. Muffin Pan Cookie Gifting: A muffin tin loaded up with cookies will outdo any other hostess gift. Because everyone enjoys a good cookie and no one can have too many muffin tins. (via Texas Cottage)
20. Sweet Heart Lace Favor Boxes ($14 for 25): Imagine one of these stunning little boxes, loaded with baked goods and dropped discreetly on your doorstep or desk. Sweet! With the help of these bakery boxes, you have the power to make someone’s day awesome.
22. Waxed Paper Bag With Handwritten Note: Here’s what we’re doing: folding wax paper, slapping on some tape, adding cookies, writing a personal note and BOOM! We’re a food gift expert. (You can be too!) (via BHG)
23. Ribbon Wrapped Baking Pan: Arrange your tasty treats inside a basic foil pan and let a bit of tissue paper and some ribbon work magic. The lucky recipient can reuse the pan after they’ve enjoyed the treats! (via BHG)
24. Cookie Dough for Gifting: No cookie crumbles here! Less work for you and less mess all around when you gift cookie dough to your friends. (Baking cookies are basically edible air fresheners, so your friends will enjoy them twice!) (via No. 2 Pencil)
25. Color Dot Handle Box ($6 for 5 boxes): The only thing that can top your best cookie recipe is the cutest-ever cookie box. This one is pretty adorable (and so perfect for spring!).
26. Envelope Enclosed Platter: A few folds and a piece of corrugated paper are all it takes to create a handy dandy envelope for your cookie platter. Add ribbon to spiffy the packaging up a bit. (via BHG)
29. Twine-Wrapped Treat Bags: Don’t hide your pretty confections under a box or paper bag! Cellophane-wrapped cookies are delightfully shareable… and irresistible. Help yourself to a cookie (or a handful)! (via Bakerella)
30. Milk Truck Cookie Box ($5): Special Delivery! Who wouldn’t want to receive a package from this whimsical little milk truck box?
We’re curious! Which is more important to you: A cute wrapper or the cookie inside? Dish about your love for baked goods and bakery boxes in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)