8 Beauty Products to Keep You Cool During the Last Days of Summer
Yup, summer’s almost over, but that doesn’t mean you get to say goodbye to thick humidity and hot AF temps. Keeping your cool isn’t easy, especially if you’re an urban dweller or spend hours on end outdoors. Luckily, with a few key beauty products, you can put that flushed, hot feeling on ice. We found the most chill products for eyes, lips, face, and body to use when the heat is on as the season comes to an end. Scroll down for more.
1. Alba Botanica Fast Fix for Puffy Eyes Cooling Eye-Revive Gel ($5): Dabbing on a bit of this refreshing gel under your eyes is like having a venti iced coffee: The caffeine perks up delicate under-eye skin, while cucumber deflates puffiness.
2. Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil in Mint ($26): Swiping this minty-fresh, glossy oil onto your lips is the perf distraction when you’re stuck in a heat wave. Don’t be scared of the blue-green hue; it goes on clear, with a reviving sensation that brings a neutral, icy tint to your smile or adds a touch of shine when layered over lipstick.
3. e.l.f. Aqua Beauty Molten Liquid Eyeshadow ($4): Sultry nights are about to get nippy, thanks to this liquid eye color. The liquid shadow actually feels refreshing when it touches skin (and acts as a great pick-me up when you’re dragging), while the metallic hue lends a sexy look to lids.
4. Philosophy Miracle Worker Lift and Light Stick ($30): When your skin is looking blah and feeling flush, this stick will give you a glow that feels as good as it looks. The creamy texture goes on cool, while the light-reflecting pigments works on any skin tone to lighten, brighten, and turn a drab complexion around. Use it as a primer to give your skin a bright canvas, or as a touch-up stick when you want to enhance a tired makeup job.
5. Olay Fresh Outlast Cooling White Strawberry & Mint Body Wash ($5): Can’t jump in a pool to beat the summer sun? Do the next best thing: Take a cold-ish shower. Lathering up with this body wash featuring the sweet scent of frosty mint and lush white strawberry also has a cool-down effect.
6. Sephora Beauty Amplifier Mattifying H20 Gel Primer ($16): The hotter it gets, the more your makeup melts away, leaving a slick look in its wake. Dab on this water-based primer before you lay down your foundation; it gives you a matte finish that absorbs shine, minimizes pores, and keeps foundation from slipping off.
7. Ilia Cucumber Water Stick ($42): This stick is like putting real cucumber slices on your body but without that slimy feeling. Made with pure cucumber pulp, the toner glides easily over warm skin and makeup whenever you need a breezy boost. Use it poolside or after emerging from a crowded train.
8. Urban Decay Rehab Makeup Prep Hot Springs Hydrating Gel ($28): Tiny beads of mineral water (sourced from a Japanese hot spring) suspended in the gel formula burst on your skin, bringing it down in temp immediately. Plus, it leaves your complexion plumped and smooth so that makeup will stay put even on the sweatiest of days.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.