Did you know that stitchable cork exists? It’s true! Which makes this festive project pretty amazing. And if you love embroidery, you’re going to love this project even more!
Say hello to embroidered cork Christmas tree ornaments. They’re amazing, right? Just imagine sipping hot cocoa, surrounded by family and friends, adoring your gorgeously decorated tree with these festive ornaments hanging about. It’ll give your holiday decor a modern, yet rustic feel, which is the best when you’re trying to stay warm around a toasty fire. ‘Tis the season!
Even if you’re not familiar with embroidery, you can still make this happen! Our Intro to Embroidery online class will give you a basic overview of all the stitches you’ll need to master these designs!
- 10-inch square sheet of DMC Stitchable Cork
- DMC Six Strand Floss in colors 321, 498, 367, Ecru and 4047
- DMC Diamant Metallic Thread in D321 and D699 (or as an alternative, use DMC Light Effects E321 and E699.)
- Sharp needle
- Water-soluble or tear away pattern paper
- 4-inch hoop for each design
- Felt in red or green for backing
- Ribbon of your choice for trim and hanger
- These ornament designs were transferred onto the cork using a water-soluble or tear-away pattern paper.
- Trace the design onto the pattern paper and apply it to the surface of the cork.
- Stitch the design, using a sharp needle for best results. You’ll be stitching through the transfer paper.
Get the rest of this project’s tips and an embroidery design guide in the downloadable above.
Don’t forget to share your final projects with us! Tag us @BritandCo on Instagram and use the hashtag #bcholiday and #iamcreative. We’ll regram our faves!