Whether you’re rockin’ a dreamy romantic dress for your dinner plans with bae or a killer bodycon to paint the town red in with your girls this Valentine’s Day, by the end of the evening we bet that sweatshirts, tees and sweater dresses will be looking pretty prime. But if your love-day plans look like they’ll be lingering late into the night, donning your coziest lazy girl duds might not be an option (sorry, beloved sweats). Get back into your comfort zone — literally — with these 12 super cozy and crazy chic post-V-Day dresses.
1. Madewell Denim Midi Shirtdress ($138): Denim is the epitome of laid-back cool and this midi shirtdress interpretation is no different. The longline silhouette can totally hold its own but leggings — knit or stretchy — will take the cozy factor to the next level.
2. Urban Outfitters Urban Renewal Remade Plaid Flannel Raw Edge Dress ($69): Kickin’ it on the couch with your favorite Galentines and a killer chic flick calls for a costume change. Slip out of dinner’s hopelessly romantic dress and toss on this high-low flannel frock with ribbed over-the-knee socks and a longline sweater.
3. COS Draped Collar Jersey Dress ($89): If a casual dinner followed by a bit of late night chillin’ is on the agenda, consider this the ultimate date night dress. Heels, an embellished belt and drop earrings put a sophisticated spin on the stretchy jersey number, while rib knit flares and slide-on flats take it in a couch-ready direction. No second outfit needed.
4. J.Crew Collection Italian Cashmere V-Neck Dress ($298): With a flattering deep V-neckline and a relaxed slouchy fit, this luxe cashmere sweater dress is one you won’t want to take off. The super soft fabric was practically made for fireside drinks, so don’t be surprised if it inspires a last minute change in your love day plans.
5. FRS Grey Knit Lace-up Long Sleeve Dress ($66): Oversized silhouettes are a welcome sight after strutting your stuff in a slinky form-fitting dress all night long. This lace-up number keeps those stylish vibes going in a totally fuss-free way. The best part? Pockets that act as the perfect hiding spot for Valentine’s sweets.
6. Etre Cecile La Vie Parisienne Dress ($135): Paris is the city of love, so this bright Breton-striped dress couldn’t be more on-point for Valentine’s Day. Follow up a red hot fit-and-flare stunner with this playful shift. Rock it with Stan Smiths and a leather topper for instant French girl flair.
7. Wilfred Bianca Dress ($99): For an easy post-date night getup that still serves up some serious sophistication and femininity, this merino turtleneck is the after-dinner dress of your dreams. Wear it solo or spice things up with leather leggings.
8. Prae Tethys Mesh Silk Tee Dress ($370): Casual and comfy doesn’t have to mean burying yourself in layers of chunky knits (though that does sound dreamy). Tap into athleisure pieces, like this sporty silk t-shirt dress, that allow you to relax in style. Pair this with an embellished sweatshirt or bomber jacket.
9. Zara Tri-Color Dress ($50): Sweater dresses are the answer to any sartorial problem. They’re basically the most comfortable thing around and they’re flat out flawless every time. Throw on this tri-color champ once you get home and bask in all the awesomeness of your post-V-Day style strategy.
10. Forever21 Drawstring Sweatshirt ($23): Cute doesn’t even cover it. This minimalist sweatshirt dress makes stylish, laid-back dressing a cinch. Pair it with standout leggings and shearling-lined moccasins.
11. Free People Beach Lifetime Tee Dress ($98): Whether you’re getting your party on with your closest girl friends or spending a relaxing evening with your S.O., make sure you have this effortlessly easy maxi tee dress in tow. The long length adds a subtle glam feel to a classic tee, so you can still get your goddess on when it’s time to chill. Team it with layered necklaces and a knit beanie.
12. H&M Rib-Knit Dress ($50): Any time is the right time for a snug sweater dress; this striped number is sartorial proof. Soft stretch fabric is the picture of comfort, while the body-skimming silhouette and peek-a-boo slits show off that babelicious figure. Keep rocking those baubles from earlier in the day to raise the style factor.
What’s your favorite cozy chic look? Follow us on Pinterest for more relaxed style inspo.