The 22 Craziest and Most Creative Wedding Photos Ever
Whether by accident or on purpose, wedding photos can either end up looking absolutely amazing or just plain nuts. We’ve all been there for that random request on someone’s big day to try out this pose or that stance, but in the end we’re stuck wondering, “WTF, whose idea was that?” (for better or for worse). Check out these 22 crazy and creative wedding photos to learn what you adore and what you’ll avoid when you say, “I do.”
1. Alaskan Ice Cave: As avid outdoors people, this couple kayaked out and climbed the side of a mountain to get these epic ice cave shots. Props to photog Chris Beck for kayaking and climbing along for the ride! (via The Knot)
2. Bad Influences: Sipping from the bottle, shotgunning a brew and stuffing our tops aren’t necessarily things we want little eyes taking note of. But they do make a pretty funny picture! (via Maria Vincencio)
7. Everybody’s Happy: Having trouble deciding on a theme or color palette for your big day? Let the guests choose! You’ll get a photo filled with everything from knights, to peasants, to large, hairy animals. (via Gammon + Chips)
8. Check Your Dress: Newsflash: bridesmaids with tucked-in dresses is also a pretty popular trend right now (don’t ask us why). It’s every girl’s worst bathroom nightmare in real life. (via Secret Wedding Blog)
10. Off The Dock: Thankfully this happened after the ceremony, and not before. Those happy lovebirds are so wrapped up in each other they seriously don’t even notice what’s going on. (via Del Sol Photography)
11. Ambulance Arrival: This would be sad if the bride and groom had actually been hurt on the way to their wedding. But in reality, they were totally fine…just looking for an epic entrance. (via Osa’s Eye)
13. Wildfire Wedding: The sunset in the background looks questionable, but that’s probably because it’s not a sunset at all. It’s a wildfire. These two were warned of wildfires in the area at the start of their wedding, but decided to rush through their vows and take advantage of the backdrop while they could. (via Buzz Feed)
What’s the craziest or most creative wedding photo you’ve ever seen? Share a link with us below or on Facebook.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!