Praise the fashion gods! They have smiled down upon us and revived yet another amazing trend — culotte shorts. Not a child of the Victorian Era… or the ’80s? Let us explain; these flowy shorts were originally invented to allow women to ride horses, but then made their way into modern-day fashion. We’re so grateful that they’re back, and we’ve got 15 wonderful pairs that’ll definitely help you cool off this season.
3. Culotte Shorts in Leopard Print ($29): Ah, leopard. This animal print is probably one of the best because of its versatility. You could easily dress these shorts up with a blazer and a blouse, or dress them down with a simple black tank. Either way, you will end up looking amazing!
5. Culotte Shorts in Plaid Check Print ($29): This is pretty much the most unique plaid print we’ve ever laid our eyes on. ASOS styled this perfectly, though you could probably lose the leather jacket for this time of the year.
7. High Rise Culotte Shorts ($55): Another cool thing about these shorts is that even though they’re quite loose, you can still rock ’em with a breezy top for the ultimate hot summer day outfit. Also, we’re huge fans of this magenta and grey print.
9. Navy Culotte Shorts ($30): This is one of the prettiest patterns we’ve seen on a pair of culottes. It’d look so great with a tee, some gold bracelets and simple summer sandals (just like the picture!).
10. Culotte Shorts in Texture ($20): Oh yes, they even make textured pairs. Can we get a what-what?
Are you as in love with this culotte trend as we are? Tell us in the comments below!