5 Hair Products to Keep Your Curls Defined All Summer Long
You work like a mad woman to keep your curls looking fab all year — we get it. Come summer, though, all bets are off. Heat and humidity are not your BFFs. Well, this year, forget all that. Save yourself the #strugglefest (and all those hair ties for ponies) with these curl-enhancing products, stat. They’ll bring the definition back to your locks, no matter what the weather throws at you.
1. Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture Humidity Block Curl Gel ($26): Moringa oil is the secret ingredient in this gel that’s amazing for preventing flyaways. It creates a protective barrier around your locks so humidity doesn’t weigh down your style.
2. Ouai Curl Shampoo ($28): The key to battling the elements and keeping your ringlets tight actually starts before you step out the door. This curl-specific shampoo brings back the hydration so you’ll have softer, livelier locks from the start.
3. Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Defrizzing Conditioner ($24): If your hair gets large and in charge come summer, you’ll love this conditioner. Ingredients including shea butter mean everything stays smooth, calm, and in control. FTW.
4. Bumble and bumble Summer’s in the Hair Curl Set ($29): This all-in-one-and-done kit includes a curl-specific conditioner, style primer, and anti-humidity gel, which will definitely come in handy.
5. Alterna Haircare Anti-Frizz Curl Re-Activating Spray ($25): You know that feeling when your curls look fantastic after your morning routine but are just out of control by noon? Ugh! Stash this genius spray in your office desk drawer for a quick touch-up.
Looking for more summer hair inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.