Spring has sprung and your mom-to-be friend is ready to pop. You’re the BFF in charge of the shower and the soon-to-be mommy is all about a seasonal theme. Between the fresh florals, the fluttering butterflies, and a rainbow of pastels, you have the whole spring thing covered. But before going with a pink or blue cake or dozens of diaper-designed cupcakes, check out these fresh, spring-themed treats.
1. Spring Flower Lollipops: Who says that baby shower desserts have to fall under the cake or cupcake categories? These lollis scream spring and are totally different than anything your guests will expect. They taste sweet and floral (think lavender and hibiscus) and even have an edible flower inside. (via Sprinkle Bakes)
2. Two Melon Mousse: Bring the spring-time freshness in with this pastel dessert that uses honeydew and watermelon. Mousse is easy to serve and goes a step above the traditional shower fare. (via Raspberri Cupcakes)
5. Lemon Blueberry Cake: This cake isn’t your regular ol’ baby shower cake, but it certainly fits the spring theme. It’s fresh, floral, and a dessert that the guest of honor will totally enjoy. (via Liv for Cake)
6. Almond Rhubarb Picnic Bars: A picnic says spring, and so do these bars. They’re perfectly pretty (using colorful rhubarb) and easy for the guests to pick up and carry around the party. In other words, no knife and fork needed! (via Smitten Kitchen)
7. Honey Lemon Curd: Forget about blue or pink. This yellow (read as gender neutral) lemon dessert will leave your guests guessing whether the mama-to-be is having a Jack or a Jill. It’s tart, tangy, and still somewhat sweet too. (via Cookie + Kate)
9. Sprinkle Ice Cream Pie: This amazingly awesome dessert comes with a rice cereal crust, is filled with ice cream, and has sprinkles on top. Seriously. It’s pretty. It’s spring-y. And it’s got a special sort of whimsy that everyone will get a kick out of. (via Rachel Cooks)
What’s your favorite baby shower dessert? Share your pick and tweet us @BritandCo!