No matter what you’re eating, it’s always good to have something extra. Whether you’re serving up creamy mashed potatoes with a braised dinner or a veggie ribbon salad next to a roast chicken, your sides help round out the menu. Our favorite one of all has to be bread, whether it’s rolls, biscuits, and buns. These 13 recipes will help you bake your way to the perfect meal.
1. Dutch Tiger Bread: The crunchy, crackled top of these rolls makes them perfect for dipping into soups, stews, and sauces. (via Baking Sense)
2. Popovers: Popovers are as fun to make as they are to eat. They’re nearly hollow on the inside, making them perfect for filling with plenty of butter. (via Woman Scribbles)
3. Easy Buttermilk Biscuits: Flaky, buttery biscuits are easy to make, taking about a half hour from start to finish. (via Eazy Peazy Mealz)
4. Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks: Cheesy garlic breadsticks pair best with a saucy pasta. But if you’re really feeling it, you can make them a meal unto themselves. (via The Desserted Girl)
5. Tapenade Tortilla Bread: Use tapenade as a dip and an ingredient in your bread. These flaky buns are like savory cinnamon rolls, filled with a salty olive spread. (via The Tortilla Channel)
6. Brioche Buns: Buttery and a little sweet, brioche buns can be served alongside a main dish, or used to house burgers, chicken breasts, and all your favorite sandwich fillings. (via Today We Bake)
7. Sourdough Grissini: The slight tang of sourdough makes these crispy breadsticks utterly snackable. Add them to a cheese and charcuterie board for an unforgettable light meal. (via Sourdough and Olives)
8. Crescent Dinner Rolls: If you’ve only ever had the kind from a tube, you’re in for a treat. (via Eazy Peazy Mealz)
9. Buttery Garlic Breadsticks: Garlic salt and Parmesan cheese are the key to making these breadsticks burst with flavor. They’re delicious dunked or eaten hot out of the oven. (via Lovely Little Kitchen)
10. Cheddar Bay Biscuits: Sometimes the bread basket is the best part of going out to eat. Replicate one of your faves with these cheesy biscuits, seasoned with Old Bay and parsley. (via I Heart Eating)
11. Sweet Potato Biscuits: Sweet potatoes keep these biscuits moist, giving you one less thing to worry about when you’re making the rest of dinner. (via Bless This Mess)
12. Texas Roadhouse Rolls: Everything’s bigger in Texas, including the flavor packed into these rolls. They’re enriched with milk, eggs, and sugar, for a slightly sweet but savory taste that pairs well with just about anything. (via Jo Cooks)
13. Easy Pretzel Rolls: These soft, salty pretzel rolls might just steal the attention away from your entree. The secret is popping the rolls into a quick baking soda bath, so they get burnished and bronzed in the oven. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
For more fun additions to dinner, follow us on Pinterest.