13 Vegetarian Dinner Recipes That Have Us Screaming “Yes, Peas!”
A lot of us take great pride in visiting farmers’ markets and eating the seasons. If that sounds like you, then you’ve already been digging around for your prized asparagus-centric dinners and rhubarb recipes. There is just something incredibly uplifting about buying fresh, supporting local, and putting it on your dinner table. One spring veggie we know you can’t wait to brighten your plates with are those sweet little peas. Lucky for you, we’ve got 13 lush dinners (that are also vegetarian for your #MeatlessMonday cravings) that will have you cracking those pods and making everyone else pea-green with envy in no time.
1. Creamy Mushroom Linguini: One taste of this rich and dreamy pasta, and you’ll be floored to find out there’s no dairy in it. Silken tofu brings the creamy texture to this dish, while peas bring a vibrant punch of green. (via Discover Delicious)
2. Creamy Farro Risotto With Greens: Risotto has a bit of a reputation; one that suggests it isn’t easy. However, with much less stirring, this spring-inspired vegan spin proves otherwise. (via Natural Girl Modern World)
3. Quinoa Cauliflower Tabbouleh Salad: Bright peas are paired up with cauliflower and quinoa to create a substantial dinner that will hit the spot and make you feel fab. It also makes for great leftovers, so you’ll have the next day’s lunch covered too! (via Bourbon and Honey)
5. Spinach and Sweet Pea Coconut Curry: We’d be down with curry all day, every day. It seems impossible to grow tired of it, so we’re thrilled this spring-y recipe has sprung to our attention. (via The Veggie Chick)
6. Zucchini Pizza Crust With Lemony Pea Pesto: If you’re living the low-carb life, this pizza will seem like a godsend. The zucchini crust keeps things crisp and light while smothered in a brilliant pea pesto that will blow your mind. (via A Beautiful Mess)
7. Sweet and Sour Chickpea Bowl: Cravings for takeout happen; we can’t help it. In such cases, a bowl like this is a total savior. It’s packed with wholesome pulses and veggies, and it offers up more flavor and texture than *any* takeout could. (via Healthfully Ever After)
8. Cauliflower and White Bean Baked Samosa Burritos: Every bite in these tasty samosa-inspired burritos spoils you with a mouthful of curried cauliflower and sweet peas. We want it. (via Connoisseurus Veg)
9. One-Pot Creamy Fettuccine, Peas, and King Oyster Mushroom “Scallops“: This recipe is as ingenious as it gets; big and tender king oyster mushrooms pose as scallops in this elegant dinner option. (via Simple Veganista)
10. Slow Cooker Vegan Split Pea Soup: Split pea soup is a classic that is hard to pass on, but most recipes include ham. If this recipe proves anything, it’s that peas can stand on their own just fine without their salty and meaty counterpart. (via There’s a Cook in My Kitchen)
11. Gluten-Free Fried Noodles in Chili Garlic Sauce: This GF noodle dish is full of sweet peas and tangy onions to complement all of that spicy, garlicky goodness. The best part is this dish is quick, so it makes for an ideal weeknight fix. (via Vegan à la Mode)
12. Sautéed Cabbage Sabzi With Peas: Peas and turmeric go together swimmingly: This is not news. So it’s extremely easy to imagine how delish and satisfying this 15-minute wonder is. (via Mustard Plates)
13. Quinoa Salad With Asparagus and Almond Dukkah: If you’re craving a bowl of everything that denotes spring, this is it. Between the asparagus, spring peas, and cooling mint, there is a total sense of refreshment in this bowl. (via Curated Life)
Follow us on Pinterest for more #MeatlessMonday dinner inspo!