Disney Princess Weddings IRL: 18 Ariel-Inspired Ideas
As much as we love hearing Sebastian sing about life under the sea, like Ariel, we’d much rather tie the knot on dry land. That’s not to say we don’t still want plenty of ocean-inspired details to be a part of our world — err, wedding. From oyster shell escort cards to mermaid-like gowns, these 18 ideas will have any bride looking and feeling like a true Disney princess.
1. Little Mermaid Invitations: Introduce your theme in a fun way by sending guests custom Little Mermaid-inspired invitations. We especially love this Chocolate Butterbean design, which features a coral and blue color scheme with “dinglehopper” and “snarfblat” artwork. (via Rex + Regina)
2. Re-Embroidered Lace Disney Princess Bridal Gown ($1,199): Channeling your inner Ariel is easier than ever now that Alfred Angelo and Disney have joined forces to create this stunning fairytale wedding dress. Modern yet classic, it features re-embroidered lace, crystal beading, metallic accents and, of course, a mermaid silhouette.
3. Organza Ruffle Disney Princess Bridal Gown ($1,349): Romantic brides will fall head over fins for this enchanting Alfred Angelo gown. Along with delicate rhinestones and feathers, it showcases cascading organza ruffles that beautifully mirror the movement of the ocean.
4. Whimsical Blue Bridal Gown (Price Available Upon Request): Turn heads by strolling the sand in a colorful wedding dress like this sexy, ocean-inspired Paolo Sebastian creation. Light and airy, it’s just right for a seaside ceremony.
5. Shell Ring ($86): Let this silver shell complement your sparkly wedding ring throughout the ceremony and reception. Then, wear it again as an eye-catching accessory during your honeymoon or summer beach vacay.
7. Lagoon Photo Shoot: Remember when Ariel and Eric fell in love while floating in a blue lagoon? Channel that same romantic vibe on your wedding day by arriving for the ceremony in a flower-adorned rowboat or arranging a lagoon photo shoot. (via Kay English Photography)
8. “Kiss the Girl” Sign: Whether you use it as a photo prop or send it down the aisle with your flower girl, a “Kiss the Girl” sign makes a cute addition to your day. Best of all, it’s an absolute cinch to DIY. (via Jessica Frey Photography)
12. Little Mermaid Tablescape: Ariel’s grotto is just bursting with unique treasures from the human world. Capture that vibe for your tablescape by showcasing silverware “candlesticks.” Then complete the look with shells, starfish, netting and miniature treasure chests. (via Styling the Moment)
13. Starfish Place Setting: A gilded starfish looks chic alongside a shimmering aqua tablecloth, while a pretty ribbon wand makes a great grand-exit prop. (via Mark Brooke Photography + Mathieu Photo)
14. Little Mermaid Macarons: What’s even more awesome than scrumptious macarons? Scrumptious macarons featuring cute shell and mermaid scale designs. Seriously, these sweet treats look almost too adorable to eat. (via Mark Brooke Photography + Mathieu Photo)
18. Underwater “Trash the Dress” Session: Capture even more beautiful images after the big day by planning an underwater “trash the dress” session. With great lighting, a gorgeous gown and lots of love to share, the only thing missing will be your very own Flounder. (via Del Sol Photography)
How would you channel your inner Ariel? Share some magical ideas below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)