Disney Princess Weddings IRL: 18 Ariel-Inspired Ideas
As much as we love hearing Sebastian sing about life under the sea, like Ariel, we’d much rather tie the knot on dry land. That’s not to say we don’t still want plenty of ocean-inspired details to be a part of our world — err, wedding. From oyster shell escort cards to mermaid-like gowns, these 18 ideas will have any bride looking and feeling like a true Disney princess.
1. Little Mermaid Invitations: Introduce your theme in a fun way by sending guests custom Little Mermaid-inspired invitations. We especially love this Chocolate Butterbean design, which features a coral and blue color scheme with “dinglehopper” and “snarfblat” artwork. (via Rex + Regina)
2. Re-Embroidered Lace Disney Princess Bridal Gown ($1,199): Channeling your inner Ariel is easier than ever now that Alfred Angelo and Disney have joined forces to create this stunning fairytale wedding dress. Modern yet classic, it features re-embroidered lace, crystal beading, metallic accents and, of course, a mermaid silhouette.
3. Organza Ruffle Disney Princess Bridal Gown ($1,349): Romantic brides will fall head over fins for this enchanting Alfred Angelo gown. Along with delicate rhinestones and feathers, it showcases cascading organza ruffles that beautifully mirror the movement of the ocean.
4. Whimsical Blue Bridal Gown (Price Available Upon Request): Turn heads by strolling the sand in a colorful wedding dress like this sexy, ocean-inspired Paolo Sebastian creation. Light and airy, it’s just right for a seaside ceremony.
5. Shell Ring ($86): Let this silver shell complement your sparkly wedding ring throughout the ceremony and reception. Then, wear it again as an eye-catching accessory during your honeymoon or summer beach vacay.
7. Lagoon Photo Shoot: Remember when Ariel and Eric fell in love while floating in a blue lagoon? Channel that same romantic vibe on your wedding day by arriving for the ceremony in a flower-adorned rowboat or arranging a lagoon photo shoot. (via Kay English Photography)
8. “Kiss the Girl” Sign: Whether you use it as a photo prop or send it down the aisle with your flower girl, a “Kiss the Girl” sign makes a cute addition to your day. Best of all, it’s an absolute cinch to DIY. (via Jessica Frey Photography)
12. Little Mermaid Tablescape: Ariel’s grotto is just bursting with unique treasures from the human world. Capture that vibe for your tablescape by showcasing silverware “candlesticks.” Then complete the look with shells, starfish, netting and miniature treasure chests. (via Styling the Moment)
13. Starfish Place Setting: A gilded starfish looks chic alongside a shimmering aqua tablecloth, while a pretty ribbon wand makes a great grand-exit prop. (via Mark Brooke Photography + Mathieu Photo)
14. Little Mermaid Macarons: What’s even more awesome than scrumptious macarons? Scrumptious macarons featuring cute shell and mermaid scale designs. Seriously, these sweet treats look almost too adorable to eat. (via Mark Brooke Photography + Mathieu Photo)
18. Underwater “Trash the Dress” Session: Capture even more beautiful images after the big day by planning an underwater “trash the dress” session. With great lighting, a gorgeous gown and lots of love to share, the only thing missing will be your very own Flounder. (via Del Sol Photography)
How would you channel your inner Ariel? Share some magical ideas below.