Weekend Project Alert: A Dozen DIY Gifts for Your Dad
When it comes to our dear dads, they appreciate a homemade Father’s Day gift just as much as we do. The thing is, it’s hard to know what exactly to make for a dapper dad such as yours. The food route is a good one — packed with bacon, chocolate and whiskey-infused everything. But this year, why not make him something that lasts beyond June? Here are a dozen ideas from the Brit + Co. archive that just might fit the bill.
1. DIY Portable Cornhole Set: What dad doesn’t love cornhole? Even if he doesn’t know what it is, we promise he’ll love it the moment he plays. Create a set in his alma mater’s colors for extra kid points.
2. Concrete Vases: See? Vases can totally be manly.
3. Gilded Polar Bear Bookends: These gilded ends would look great in a cabin-themed man cave or den.
4. Wooden Bungee Organizer: Your dad will commend you at using two basic materials so cleverly. In fact, you might even be able to steal these materials from his garage.
5. Leather Tablet Case: Is your dad still trying to fit his tablet in an old Case Logic? Same here! Give him a stylish update by creating a case just for him.
6. Painted Cement Coasters: Top those coasters off with a glass of bourbon and you’ll be the favorite kid for life… or at least until he needs another bourbon ;)
7. DIY Dartboard: Make a safer and more portable dartboard.
8. Coffee Can Wine Rack: If your dad’s been collecting paint cans and coffee cans over the years with big “plans” to do something with them, he probably won’t mind if you steal just a few to make a wine rack. Especially if you include a bottle or two of wine when you give it to him.
9. LED Planter: Though we made this for graduation, we think it would make a great Dad’s Day gift.
10. Wine Bottle Tumblers: We will never get over this hack! You can turn wine bottles into glassware in a matter of minutes.
11. Concrete Pendant Lamp: Do I smell a concrete theme? Yes!