12 Hairdos That Look Hot Under a Winter Hat
If your feelings toward chapeau-ed coifs are along the lines of #hathairdontcare, then it’s time to change your ‘tude and we’re here to help! Believe it: there are more than a handful of options when it comes to hot hairstyles you can wear while you’re rocking a hat, beanie, or other kind of winter headgear. We give these 12 hair hacks “lifesaver” status considering the chills just don’t seem to be letting up anytime soon (though a girl can dream of sunnier-day styles, can’t she?). Good news is that when the weather does warm up, these ‘dos look equally as fierce on their own.
1. Grown-Up Pigtail Braids: Part, tease, braid—it really is that simple! Pull apart each plait till you reach that effortless messy perfection, toss on an embellished beanie, and you’re good to go. (via Refinery29)
2. Bohemian Twist: This seriously swoon-worthy twisted updo takes less than five minutes to do—simply twist and tuck your locks around a thin elastic headband. It would look lovely under a floppy beret. (via Merrythought)
8. Knotted Side Braid: Here’s a hair style that has the wow-factor of a fishtail braid but with just half the effort (dreams do come true!). It’s a stand-out ‘do against any knitted or brimmed hat. (via Camille Styles)
9. Wraparound Boho Braid: This wraparound braid is a perfect ‘do to pair with a low-coverage cap, like a vintage box hat or ear muffs. Don’t let the cold get the best of you, so pair it with a cool circle scarf. (via Story by ModCloth)
10. Straightening Iron Curls: Add this to your list of curly hair hacks: the straightening iron curl. It’s another pretty-messy style—a go to in the winter time—that looks right at home under a furry trapper. (via Refinery29)
11. Hair Chalk: Hair chalk? Heck yeah! We’re big fans of this daring ‘do that adds a fun pop of color to your curled locks. Imagine how cute your stained strands would look under a turban hat. (via Brit + Co.)
12. Full Freaking Curls: That’s right. Go all out for this ultra glam look. Finish with an anti-frizz shine serum to keep those locks bouncing under whatever fine piece of headgear you choose. (via Refinery29)
What under hat hairstyles do you swear by? Tell us in the comments below.