Are you in a rut trying to figure out a cute Valentine’s Day look? Well, we’ve got the perfect solution for you. This Reese Witherspoon-inspired sweater is so easy to make that you have no excuse — this year’s outfit will be handmade! Whether or not you have a boo, this is a day to celebrate love. So drink a bubbly cocktail, read a romantic book, send a sweet DIY card and use Feb 14 as the perfect excuse to experiment with new pieces of clothing.
Check the tutorial below and get making!
Materials and Tools:
- blue sweater
- pink fabric paint
- card stock
- foam brush or paintbrush
- piece of cotton fabric
1. Fold your card stock in half and draw half a heart, as shown in the picture below.
2. Use the scissors to cut out the shape.
3. Place your card stock template where you want your first heart to be. Then paint, using your brush.
4. Repeat several times to create a pattern and let everything completely dry.
5. Use the piece of cotton fabric to protect the pattern and iron according to the producer’s instructions.
Start by folding your card stock in half. Then draw half a heart, as shown in the picture above. Next, use the scissors to cut out the shape. At this point, place your card stock template where you want your first heart to be, then paint using your foam brush. Use a piece of tape to secure the cardboard in place, if you think you need it. Let it dry for a while, then repeat several times to create your desired pattern. Once you’re done, let everything completely dry. Lastly, use a piece of cotton fabric to protect the pattern and iron for a couple of minutes. Be sure to check the producer’s instructions for the best results.
This sweater would also make a great Galentines’s Day gift for your bestie!
Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photo via Getty)